Dr. Cave Beach questions

faroozi

I think we have decided to do Dr. Cave Beach during our trip to Montego Bay. I just have some clarifying questions. There will be six of us. 2 adults, and a 9, 7, 5, and 2 year old.

Taxi's are a van situation and are per person, correct? And I think the price is $5 per person from Montego Bay to Dr. Cave Beach, right? Do we need to also figure in a tip? Just trying to plan our cash need.

And entrance into Dr. Cave Beach is $6 a person, right? Any discount for kids?

I think umbrellas and beach chairs are also for rent, but we don't have to, right? We can just sit on the sand or on a towel, right?

Also, I know there is food to buy, but has anyone brought snacks in? Are they allowed? I am just thinking something sealed like a few granola bars to hold my boys over between meals.

I am also thinking of bringing some sand toys, shovels, pails, maybe a small blow up beach ball. Are things like this allowed?

Thanks, there is a lot of information about Dr. Cave beach, but most are for two people.

I think we have decided to do Dr. Cave Beach during our trip to Montego Bay. I just have some clarifying questions. There will be six of us. 2 adults, and a 9, 7, 5, and 2 year old.

Taxi's are a van situation and are per person, correct? And I think the price is $5 per person from Montego Bay to Dr. Cave Beach, right? Do we need to also figure in a tip? Just trying to plan our cash need.

And entrance into Dr. Cave Beach is $6 a person, right? Any discount for kids?

I think umbrellas and beach chairs are also for rent, but we don't have to, right? We can just sit on the sand or on a towel, right?

Also, I know there is food to buy, but has anyone brought snacks in? Are they allowed? I am just thinking something sealed like a few granola bars to hold my boys over between meals.

I am also thinking of bringing some sand toys, shovels, pails, maybe a small blow up beach ball. Are things like this allowed?

Thanks, there is a lot of information about Dr. Cave beach, but most are for two people.

I don't know the cab fare from Montego Bay, but I strongly suggest you bring some snacks and water bottles. It was so crowded the day we were there last January that we could not get service at either the bar or restaurant in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure they would not notice anything in a tote bag. I maybe wouldn't bring in a cooler with wheels.

You don't have to rent anything. I'm sure sand toys etc., are fine. I don't recall a discount for my grandson.

We just there a couple weeks ago and the bus over there is $5 and that was the JUTA bus. They will try and talk you into other things or another beach resort but that place is a dump. Just say Dr Caves Beach and that is it. Plenty of taxis for the return so don't worry about that.

It is $6 to get in at the beach. $5 for chair and $5 for umbrellas. You don't need them if you can get a nice spot under the palm trees. The earlier you get there, the better. Wasn't too crowded when we were there and there were three ships in.

For the food, we ordered the jerk chicken and ordered red stripe beer. The service was great and no complaints there. The food was good as well. You can bring your own snacks in and shouldn't be an issue. We brought a 8 month old and a 3 year old along with the grandparents and we really enjoyed it.

Edited by BrotherCraig

• 3 weeks later...

Just was wondering if you noticed any parasailing at Doc Cove Beach when you were there? My son and his friend really want to and we were thinking of this beach when we stop here on our cruise. TY in advance for any help.

We were there two weeks ago. I did not see anyplace to rent lifevests nor did I see any parasailing. They did have a trampoline in the water. Also Margaritaville is a short walk down the road and offers a bunch of water toys/activities.

I don't know the cab fare from Montego Bay, but I strongly suggest you bring some snacks and water bottles. It was so crowded the day we were there last January that we could not get service at either the bar or restaurant in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure they would not notice anything in a tote bag. I maybe wouldn't bring in a cooler with wheels.

You don't have to rent anything. I'm sure sand toys etc., are fine. I don't recall a discount for my grandson.

The crowd was mostly because of the time of year you went. Dec-Jan is always very crowded in Mobay, besides cruises, its the peak of the winter tourist season so the beaches.....especially doc cave is always packed that time of year.

The crowd was mostly because of the time of year you went. Dec-Jan is always very crowded in Mobay, besides cruises, its the peak of the winter tourist season so the beaches.....especially doc cave is always packed that time of year.

How are the crowds in early October?

Thank you for this information.

I am sailing between Christmas and New Years and docking at Foulmouth.

You told me on another thread Ocho was an hour away. Where do I want to go

for a nice beach, food, drinks, bathrooms, loungers and umbrella?

Thank you very much!

Lemmie know if you have any further questions, I'd be more than happy to assist. Hope you have a good time here!! :)

My family will be in Montego Bay in two weeks. We have done Montego Bay and Margaritaville before. Thought about Sunset Beach Resort this time? I've never been so torn on a port. Just don't know what to do safely there? Have heard so many reports of mean taxi drivers who won't take you where you ask to go?? Please help!