Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

I just spoke with CT about a private tour for 4 to the Blue Hole, was quoted $59 per person including the entry cost for the BH. We are sailing into Montego Bay, and was wondering if it was worth the time we will have to travel from MB to get to the BH? I have been told the drive could take up to 2 hours each way, our ship arrives in port at 9am and departs at 6pm.

Thanks for the advice,

I just spoke with CT about a private tour for 4 to the Blue Hole, was quoted $59 per person including the entry cost for the BH. We are sailing into Montego Bay, and was wondering if it was worth the time we will have to travel from MB to get to the BH? I have been told the drive could take up to 2 hours each way, our ship arrives in port at 9am and departs at 6pm.

Thanks for the advice,

It was for us. You can do other things along with the BH, like have lunch at Scotchies. We spent a little time sitting on a private beach as well.

It was for us. You can do other things along with the BH, like have lunch at Scotchies. We spent a little time sitting on a private beach as well.

Did you go from Montego Bay? I figure we have 7 hours of time on Jamaica, with 4 hours of drive time that leaves 3 hours to do whatever is we would be doing, (My wife likes to be 30 minutes ahead of time for everything, if we even looked like we were running on time she might panic)

Thank You for the Response..

Thanks for the advice,

I had a private tour with CT this past August to the BH. Our ship docked in Falmouth (a little closer to Ocho Rios than MB) and the trip took about 1 hour 15 minutes. Our group was very apprehensive about the length of time to get their but everyone said it was well worth it on the return trip back to our ship. We spent so much time at the Blue Hole that we ended up skipping the beach stop; our group preferred to stay longer at the BH. CT will make sure they get you back to the ship on time.

When using private tour companies while taking a cruise, I always do my homework and research them on more than 1 site. It would be terrible to miss your ship at the end of the day or feel unsafe in a foreign country. Courtney #2 was our guide. We arrived in Falmouth, which is quite a drive to get to Blue Hole and Dunn River. The ride seems short with all his information and history of Jamaica. Lunch at Scotchies is definitely worth it. Do the stop you want most first thing in the morning before it gets crowded.

We were a party of 2 & were sharing transportation with another party of 2. With the 8 passenger vans, it is easier to be flexible on your plans. I will say that if it is very important to you to do every single thing on the schedule, book the van with just your party. Not everyone is prompt about getting off the ship and can delay your departure. We were all flexible and ended up dropping the beach stop so we could get back to ship before last minute crowd.

No worries on leaving your money or personal items in van with tour guide. I would definitely visit Jamaica again and use Courtney Taylor Tours.

Thanks for the advice,

Since you are arriving later into port (we were off ship by 7:30 am) and your drive is so long you will most likely arrive when it is crowded. See how many ship arriving at the 3 ports and what times. Yes, the Blue Hole was very fun and your guide will make your drive interesting--but I am not sure I would want to drive 4 hours and be with a crowd there. Also, if you are not booking entire van with just your party, other people may get off ship later and delay your departure. That happened with us, but we didn't have a 2 hour drive.

Doing a blue hole tour with Courtney Taylor next week and was hoping any of you can answer the following:

1) What is an appropriate tip for the driver?

2) Is blue hole appropriate for younger children (8 and 11 yrs old)?

3) Does Scotchies offer any non-spicy items for the young ones?

4) Would you go to Bamboo Blu or another beach?

Thanks for the help.

We had no idea how much to tip our driver/tour guide. But since there were only 4 passengers, we knew he wasn't making as much. We ended up doing $20 pp. I have never tipped that much and have no idea if it was right amount. We weren't aware that we also would be expected to tip Blue Hole Guy and Dunn River Guy. But all in all I think it was $128 including lunch for all tours/transports and then maybe $30 more for tips. So $80 pp for the 2 of us for all day was acceptable to us.

I tried to contact Courtney twice using 2 different email addresses and I have yet to hear back on either. Does anyone know what the best way it is to contact them?

Never had a problem with them not responding. Here are a couple of suggestions.

1. Did you check your junk mail box? Maybe the response from them is in your junk box?

2. Did you try this email address: courtneyttours@gmail.com

3. Believe they also have a way to book a tour on their website. Try that and someone will email to confirm. You can change what your "order" is by email.

I tried to contact Courtney twice using 2 different email addresses and I have yet to hear back on either. Does anyone know what the best way it is to contact them?

I emailed him this morning and got what I guess to be an automated response about 10 minutes later...saying they'd get me info ASAP. We emailed through the contact form on the website so you might try doing that...

I got the automated response and then 3days later an e mail that totally ignored what I had asked about in my original contact e mail!

I was not impressed at all with the communication and have decided to book a tour with Peat Taylor(not a relative) who was much more prompt in communication and on target with his answers to my questions!

http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=54

• 3 weeks later...
I got the automated response and then 3days later an e mail that totally ignored what I had asked about in my original contact e mail!

I was not impressed at all with the communication and have decided to book a tour with Peat Taylor(not a relative) who was much more prompt in communication and on target with his answers to my questions!

http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=54

The Contact Form on the site always work for us or we used this account ctaylorjamaica@gmail.com

They provide us a very good service. The response by email was very fast and everything was done as we agreed.

Price is good, clean vehicle and they know the area very well. We definitly recommend use Courtney Taylor for your next trip.

Few free to inbox me for more details:).

Without any doubt was one of the best tours we did in our discovery journey traveling.

The view of this part of Jamaica left us very impressed.

Ocho Rios Cruise Terminal, near Dunn's River Falls you will find 2 Local beaches right outside the cruse ship terminal

Our tips:

If you want a local tour with more exclusive, we have the best indication we use Courtney Taylor Private Tours Jamaica

Tel 1 876 530 7897 or 1 876 593 3992, and we were very well attended, with high level of knowledge and safety professionals.

Every tour we agreed was executed!

We made a small deposit and they were waiting in the terminal exit and it was all executed as agreed.

If you want to go the beach, follow the terminal exit and after about 200 meters on your right you will see the entrance to the beach there and the best beach and closer to the ship.

Do not go on the beach on the left side because there are too many small fishing ships and you need to walk about 4 minutes to have access to the beach, besides having to pay $ 3 to enter and is not as good as the other side.

If you stick around on site and beach shopping, back to the ship to have lunch is very easy and saves you a lot of money.

It takes around 15 minutes from the beach and enter the ship if not too any people in line to do the same.

DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT JAMAICA SEEN THE BLUE HOLE, and undoubtedly one of the best places visited in our travels around the Caribbean.

For Bob Marley fans, we highly recommend Nine Mile is a village in Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica, the few miles south of Brown's Town. On February 6, 1945 the Reggae musician and peace activist Bob Marley was born there, and later buried there.

They provide us a very good service. The response by email was very fast and everything was done as we agreed.

Price is good, clean vehicle and they know the area very well. We definitly recommend use Courtney Taylor for your next trip.

Without any doubt was one of the best tours we did in our discovery journey traveling.

Ocho Rios Cruise Terminal, near Dunn's River Falls you will find 2 Local beaches right outside the cruse ship terminal

Our tips:

If you want a local tour with more exclusive, we have the best indication we use Courtney Taylor Private Tours Jamaica

Tel 1 876 530 7897 or 1 876 593 3992, and we were very well attended, with high level of knowledge and safety professionals.

We made a small deposit and they were waiting in the terminal exit and it was all executed as agreed.

If you want to go the beach, follow the terminal exit and after about 200 meters on your right you will see the entrance to the beach there and the best beach and closer to the ship.

Do not go on the beach on the left side because there are too many small fishing ships and you need to walk about 4 minutes to have access to the beach, besides having to pay $ 3 to enter and is not as good as the other side.

If you stick around on site and beach shopping, back to the ship to have lunch is very easy and saves you a lot of money.

It takes around 15 minutes from the beach and enter the ship if not too any people in line to do the same.

DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT JAMAICA SEEN THE BLUE HOLE, and undoubtedly one of the best places visited in our travels around the Caribbean.

For Bob Marley fans, we highly recommend Nine Mile is a village in Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica, the few miles south of Brown's Town. On February 6, 1945 the Reggae musician and peace activist Bob Marley was born there, and later buried there.

There is a beach right next to the port?? Is this for Falmouth? I have tried to do soooo much research about this port but did not know there was a beach there, that is if this is the Falmouth port.

For those many of you who have been on these tours, can you help?

So we have booked a private tour in Jamaica for our family of four.

The tour guide let me know that we are in for a "special trip" because that day is also his birthday!

I was thinking of bringing him a little something for a birthday gift. Any suggestions?

I know I cannot bring food or drink off the ship, so that sort of limits it… But anybody who has been to the islands know what they may like?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

so i am working on this tour with courtney?

we have dunn's river planned for two people

a beach stop for the rest of the family

and lunch for the whole group.

my questions are for the people who have had his tours??

the beach stop bluebell beach? is there a charge for the chairs, umbrella? what is the beach like? I have read there are lots of rules and they separate the two areas?

For the beach people- i am wondering if we should just take the shuttle to red strip beach at the pier instead?

I have read the ocho rios beaches are mediocre?

• 3 weeks later...
For those many of you who have been on these tours, can you help?

So we have booked a private tour in Jamaica for our family of four.

The tour guide let me know that we are in for a "special trip" because that day is also his birthday!

I was thinking of bringing him a little something for a birthday gift. Any suggestions?

I know I cannot bring food or drink off the ship, so that sort of limits it… But anybody who has been to the islands know what they may like?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say a nice shirt or hat...

• 4 weeks later...

Our tips:

Great Review Marcus also guys their website is http://www.courtneytaylortours.com

Edited by jiimmy2k

• 1 month later...
so i am working on this tour with courtney?

we have dunn's river planned for two people

a beach stop for the rest of the family

and lunch for the whole group.

my questions are for the people who have had his tours??

the beach stop bluebell beach? is there a charge for the chairs, umbrella? what is the beach like? I have read there are lots of rules and they separate the two areas?

For the beach people- i am wondering if we should just take the shuttle to red strip beach at the pier instead?

I have read the ocho rios beaches are mediocre?

If you are talking the Bamboo Blu Beach then i think they rent them for $7 and yes it's about 7 mins drive from the Dunn's River. Rules aren't so strick...

• 5 weeks later...

So, we currently have this full day private tour booked for my family of 6.

The day will be tight. We are getting in at 10:30 in Falmouth and have to be back on the ship at 6:15 pm.

Any recent reviews of the tubing? How far from the tubing to the beach?

If we don't get to Blue Hole until about noon will it be super-crowded?

If we don't get to the restaurant until 4-5 pm will there be any snacks offered? Should we bring our own? Any info would be great- thanks!

Blue Hole $15pp Adults, 10pp kids

River Tubing $25pp both adults and kids

Sight Seeing along the country side and mountains

Beach Stop

Local Shopping

Authentic Jamaica Restaurant

Transportation $35 per adult and $30 each for kids under 12 years old for this private tour.