Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

• 1 month later...

Hi, throwing my two cents in about Courtney Taylor Tours. Used Courtney on recent stop in jamaica (6/22/13 sailing of Oasis of the Seas). He was all that everyone has written on the boards. Felt safe, persoanlized tour, talked about

Jamaica and it's people, really watches out for and values his costomers. Support the local guides! The cruise line makes enough $$!

Hi, throwing my two cents in about Courtney Taylor Tours. Used Courtney on recent stop in jamaica (6/22/13 sailing of Oasis of the Seas). He was all that everyone has written on the boards. Felt safe, persoanlized tour, talked about

Jamaica and it's people, really watches out for and values his costomers. Support the local guides! The cruise line makes enough $$!

good to hear this cannot wait till september lol

Just got back from our cruise and used Courtney Taylor tours in Jamaica. Service was personable and great, very informative--I've been to Jamaica 4 times and still learned new information about the country. Would not hesitate to recommend his company.

We booked a tour with Courtenay Taylor tours in June, 2013. We did river tubing and the irie blue hole. It was amazing! One of the best excursions we have done. Our guide was friendly and knowledgable. I would recommend that you ask for specific instructions as to where to meet your guide, it could be a bit confusing. The price was much better than booking through the cruise ship and we got to do things that you couldn't through one of their tours.

Love Courtney!!! We used him in April and LOVED him! We tipped 20% of total charge. His prices saved us so much and to have a personal guide for the day, it was well worth it! Keep in mind, it's a little weird in the beginning, trying to find him just outside the port. But it's all good!

Not at all. It became a funny hole with our guide, Marvin about how long we had at each place. Their while business is built around getting you back I time. I was paranoid about that also but it all went great. You will love the blue hole.

Love Courtney!!! We used him in April and LOVED him! We tipped 20% of total charge. His prices saved us so much and to have a personal guide for the day, it was well worth it! Keep in mind, it's a little weird in the beginning, trying to find him just outside the port. But it's all good!

Any do's or dont's you recommend ?

We just asked at the information desk and they pointed us right to were we needed to wait. Our guide was in a Junta tour van. I asked him if he was with Courtney Taylor and he showed me my confirmation email. The wait was long, we got off the ship at 12, I don't know if we would have gotten off earlier if it would have been faster.

I brought my confirmation email with the quoted price on it. I am glad that I did. I don't think they were trying to cheat me. But we had a price that was 20.00 less than he asked for at the end of the tour. He honored the email.

I thought the guide would take care of purchasing all of the tickets and just collect the total at the end. He suggested we purchase the tickets at each location and then subtract from the original price. That was a lot of math when you are on vacation!

Our guide would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go. We never had to worry about getting back to the ship on time. we had an hour to spare when we returned to the ship.

Overall I would highly recommend Courtney Taylor tours and our guide Errol. We felt safe, we had a van for 9 of us so we could go wherever we wanted. We went to Dunn's and Blue Hole and stopped for Jamaica Patties. Errol was very informative. I would use them again if I was going to Ocho Rios or Falmouth.

I sent an email to this company a week ago and resent it again a few days ago and I have not heard back from anyone about a price...should I try their facebook page and not an email??

He quoted us $140 for two people which includes lunch, beach and river rafting. I did some checking and the ship wants $64 for river rafting only. No beach or lunch. We dock in MB. I feel his tour is a good deal.

My bad it is for minum 4 people $40/pp if less then 4 have to pay around $80/pp
Edited by awhcruiser

He is usually quite prompt in replying. Maybe try giving his company a call?

I sent an email to this company a week ago and resent it again a few days ago and I have not heard back from anyone about a price...should I try their facebook page and not an email??

Did you check your spam box?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My daughter and I, along with 5 other people we met on this forum, booked a tour through Courtney Taylor Tours.

Everything went very smoothly. I emailed Courtney to get pricing information and he was very prompt in his response. His pricing was very reasonable especially compared to booking through the cruise ship.

When we arrived in Jamaica, Courtney told us to ask one of the agents at the port as to where we could meet Our driver. We were directed to a location outside the gate and met up with him with no problem.

Our driver was Errol who was great. It was very nice having a personal guide in a foreign country. Our group went to Dunns River Falls, lunch at Scothcies, a private beach and shopping.

We had a great time and would recommend Courtney Taylor Tours if you go to Jamaica. If we are ever there again we will definatley use them!!!

I received an email from them!! woohoo.

I got a price quote, but there was also a transportation fee of $35 per person, does that seem right? Is that what others have been charged as well?

Cozumel Tour with Black Hat Island Tours September 27th 2013

Visiting with the Allure of the Seas in September 22nd 2013.

Chankanaab Park.....................................(Swim with Dolphins and Sea Trek)

palancar beach..................................... (beach)

Punta Sur.....................................(beach)

visit around the Island .....................................(Rastas beach, El Mirador whit the rocks formation)

Señor iguanas .....................................(Ruins)

Transportation is $90/for first 3 hours and then $20/ per hour

need 2 more people to Join and the price for transportation can be split in 4

Any one interested ????

Any one interested ????

You should post this on your Roll Call for your cruise. You might find others interested in this tour.

Go to Roll Call section, your cruise line and then find the Roll Call for your date for the cruise.

Cozumel Tour with Black Hat Island Tours September 27th 2013

Visiting with the Allure of the Seas in September 22nd 2013.

Chankanaab Park.....................................(Swim with Dolphins and Sea Trek)

palancar beach..................................... (beach)

Punta Sur.....................................(beach)

visit around the Island .....................................(Rastas beach, El Mirador whit the rocks formation)

Señor iguanas .....................................(Ruins)

Transportation is $90/for first 3 hours and then $20/ per hour

need 2 more people to Join and the price for transportation can be split in 4

Any one interested ????

Post on your Roll Call and the Cozumel thread.

I received an email from them!! woohoo.

I got a price quote, but there was also a transportation fee of $35 per person, does that seem right? Is that what others have been charged as well?

Yes that is his fee ... If you go to Dunns River or Blue Hole he doesn't get paid for the addmission or guide fees ... He gets paid to guide and drive you around. If you stop for lunch, you pay the restaraunt for that too ...

Here was his quote to us in April

1. Blue Hole Falls...................................... $15adult
  2. Sight Seeing in the Mountains to see some local life style
  3. Lunch at Jamaica Authentic Restaurant
  4. Shopping for local souvenirs
  5. Beach Time
    Additional Cost Transportation............................$39 Adult

To cover cost you might be added to a group of 2 to 4 persons.

Edited by Ubiquitous Cruiser