Ferry to St George?

coasterfreak

Quick question, if planning to take the 9:30 Monday morning ferry from the dockyard to St George, what time do we need to be in line? What about for a return ferry to the dockyard?

Hi,

This is the link for all ferries in Bermuda : http://www.seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202014.pdf

The latest you can leave St-George is 5:30pm, in a couple of recent review I read recently some say they got in line at 5:15 and missed the boat because it was full....they had to grab a bus from St-George and then ferry to Dockyard.

From the Dockyard the 9:30am is very popular, so I would suggest 30 minutes before...

Have fun !

From the Dockyard the 9:30am is very popular, so I would suggest 30 minutes before...

If there are two ships in Dockyard, and you want to be sure to make that ferry, plan on at least 30 minutes...

Edited by jdarch

I concur with the 15-30 minute time frame.

We took the 930 and walked over to Tobacco Bay ( in torrential rain last week).

Luckily the rain stopped for a few hours for us to snorkel which was excellent in this area..some of the best we've experienced.

We wanted to walk around downtown and explore more but the skies opened up again..we returned via the 330 and arrived 30minutes before for this as well though we were told 15 minutes is usually sufficient.

Due to the rain...330 was packed and ferry left full at 325.

If there are two ships in Dockyard, and you want to be sure to make that ferry, plan on at least 30 minutes...

I was wondering I see we are in Bermuda on a Saturday and I looked at the link from a post above and it recommends to use the Orange schedule. Unfortunately it does not run on a Saturday. I am not sure which one to use and does anyone know the cost for a round trip pass.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I was wondering I see we are in Bermuda on a Saturday and I looked at the link from a post above and it recommends to use the Orange schedule. Unfortunately it does not run on a Saturday. I am not sure which one to use and does anyone know the cost for a round trip pass.

Hi,

You are correct, there is no ferry to St-George on the week-end.

So you would have to use the ferry to Hamilton and then bus to St-George.

Ferry is 4$ each way, and if you transfer to a bus in Hamilton you have to pay an other 4$ for the bus. Ferry ride to Hamilton is 20 minutes, 10 minute walk to bus terminal and about 50 minutes by bus to reach St-George.

You could get there only by bus from the Dockyard and paying only 1 fare of 4$ ( you transfer for 0$ in Hamilton ) but expect about 1h50 minute to reach it.

On my cruise, Ncl offers a ship sponsored excursion to St-George by ferry...maybe your cruise line offers it ?

Does anyone know then how much a taxi ride from the dockyard to St. George?

Hi Stephanie,

Dockyard to St-George will be expensive :eek: ...about 75$ for up to 4 passengers, and 95$ for up to 7 passengers.

That rate is subject to +25% on Sunday and Holidays.

Have fun !