Galveston hotel with lots of freebies ?

mnsweeps

We are doing the Nov 20 Disney Bahamas cruise and 5 of us are flying in from L.A to Houston (HOU Hobby airport). We are reaching HOU at 10.15 pm and renting a car there so we can drive to Galveston the same night.

In Galveston I am looking for a hotel with 1) free shuttle back and forth to cruise terminal 2) free car parking for the cruise period 3) free breakfast.

So far these are what I have gotten but they miss one thing or the other..

1) Holiday Inn On the beach - free shuttle, free parking but no free breakfast

2) Holiday Inn Seawall - Free breakfast but $50 extra on top for shuttle and parking for the entire party.

3) Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront - $50 park and shuttle for 4 people. No freebies.

4) Hampton Inn & Suite - Free breakfast but $50 per room for park and shuttle.

anyone can add more to this list?

Edited by mnsweeps

All transport must pay a fee to enter the port. So, it will be in addition to your rate or included. Either way you will pay for it.

That is also Thanksgiving week; Galveston is a destination/resort town with many events the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I don't think you will be able to fulfill all 3 of your requirements.

The less expensive route is to stay near the airport and use the Disney airport shuttle (if they offer one) the next day.

Is that different from Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach I mentioned above?

Yes next door to San Luis and Hilton and all owned by same and have same services . Other is not around restaurants.

Edited by ssb

We are doing the Nov 20 Disney Bahamas cruise and 5 of us are flying in from L.A to Houston (HOU Hobby airport). We are reaching HOU at 10.15 pm and renting a car there so we can drive to Galveston the same night.

In Galveston I am looking for a hotel with 1) free shuttle back and forth to cruise terminal 2) free car parking for the cruise period 3) free breakfast.

So far these are what I have gotten but they miss one thing or the other..

1) Holiday Inn On the beach - free shuttle, free parking but no free breakfast

2) Holiday Inn Seawall - Free breakfast but $50 extra on top for shuttle and parking for the entire party.

3) Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront - $50 park and shuttle for 4 people. No freebies.

4) Hampton Inn & Suite - Free breakfast but $50 per room for park and shuttle.

anyone can add more to this list?

It can be hard to find a hotel that throws in everything including extended parking and the kitchen sink for free. I tend to look at the total price of the package, even if some items are priced ala carte. I might be happier getting great price on a room in a nice hotel while paying for a taxi or shuttle vs paying a higher hotel rate elsewhere trying to get "freebies." I might even take a really great price on a nice room then pay to park near port, eliminating the shuttle hassle at both ends of the cruise.

Hope you find the right hotel for your party.

I booked at the Holiday Inn resort - on the beach ....will park car and take shuttle for free..I don't need a nice hotel with a view as I will be arriving HOU at 10.15 pm and might be midnight when we reach the hotel ..and next day we leave anyway..

I booked at the Holiday Inn resort - on the beach ....will park car and take shuttle for free..I don't need a nice hotel with a view as I will be arriving HOU at 10.15 pm and might be midnight when we reach the hotel ..and next day we leave anyway..

If you plane is scheduled to land at 10:15 I don't think you will see the hotel by midnight! Depending on the airport, luggage claim and travel time will get you there closer to 1 am I think. You're talking about a shuttle, will they be working near midnight?