has anyone ever done Stannis tours in st lucia?

jean87510

I have been going back and forth with him with emails and he had a wonderful price for me for our cruise in November. I can't find much on trip advisor or on this board at all. Our trip is to the Pitons, 2 waterfalls, sulpher baths, banana plantation, marigot bay, and I believe one beach, diamond botanical gardens as well.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, what price did he quote you? I am awaiting an email from him detailing the day he puts together for us and a price. We are going to be there next week. If I end up using him I can let you know when I return.

Here is what he quoted to me and what we are doing:

You also have the option of doing a longer tour which takes you down to Soufriere to see the famous Pitons, the Caribbean's only drive in Volcano and Mud bath (Sulphur Springs) the Torielle waterfall for swimming, the Botanical Gardens and Diamond waterfall, Marigot bay and much more for a total of $40us per person.

All my tours are private and not the bulky group tours. All tours includes complimentary drinks. Please let me know what you decide. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also, $20 extra per person for the entrance fees. I did ask him to skip Marigot Bay and asked if he could get us anywhere to snorkel but we may not have time. I also asked him to stop at Fedos in Soufriere for lunch. Google it if you want to check out pictures of it.

I cannot stand giant bus tours and the boat tours are just too expensive for 5 people. The only one that was close was Herod's which is $65 a person for the land and sea tour but you need a minimum of 10 people. We are going to 7 islands on our cruise and I really have to budget.

please let me know how it was. Heads up: he only deals with cash

Edited by jean87510

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I'm home and we did use Stanis. It was the best day of our vacation. He is amazing! He picked us up right at the gate, he is young but very professional and personable. We were off before all the groups even had a chance to start collecting people. He brought us some granola bars and a cooler stocked with water, fruit punch, and their local beer. On the drive down he showed us all the sights and explained everything to us. We stopped for fresh bananas, cassava bread, and he offered coconut water but we didn't want any. At all the scenic overlooks he took our pictures (he is good at it, some of our best photos of the trip!). When we arrived in soufriere he led us through the botanical garden, then we went to sulphur springs park. There he sent us on the tour of the volcano, then accompanied us down by the mud bath. He took tons of pictures and explained to us exactly what to do. It was so great to have someone there taking personal care of us. Then we went to Torraille waterfall to swim. Following that he was going to take us out to lunch at a restaurant, but our boat had gotten in about a half hour late so we were running behind and had to catch the catamaran. Instead he ordered us lunch to go so we could eat on the boat. Wow it was delicious! He told us about the different boat options and which one he had us booked on. He booked us on one that provides snorkel gear, not just a swimming stop. He said the crew on that boat was the best, and they truly were. They kept checking on us the entire time. After snorkeling they opened up the bar. When we arrived back in Castries Stanis was there waiting with the car to take us back to the boat.

At dinner we were sharing our experiences of the day and ours was by far the best one! The couples who went on the ship excursions only had time for one thing in soufriere. One couple did the garden and a mineral bath (we saw it, it was just a pool in the middle of the garden). Another did the mud bath only. We did both plus the tour of volcano and saw the waterfall. Not being part of a group allowed us to have time to see and do so much more. I HIGHLY recommend Stanis!

How did u book?

Is this the same thing as stannis taxi service?

It sound like there are 4 or 5 tours similar to this one (we did cosol before and it sounds similar to this one).

We are looking for November cruise and trying to figure out which to pick. We enjoyed cosol but think getting a different company might be worth a try to get a little different experience.

Yes it is Stannis taxi service. He also does private tours. From his website you can access his email. He is prompt about returning emails and will call you if you ask him to. He is absolutely amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

His all land tours are very competitive with the other companies. If you wanted to add the catamaran it was slightly more than the other companies. But well worth it! Remember your land portion is a private tour, you dictate the sights and the pacing. Stanis completely caters to what you want. Enjoy your trip!

His all land tours are very competitive with the other companies. If you wanted to add the catamaran it was slightly more than the other companies. But well worth it! Remember your land portion is a private tour, you dictate the sights and the pacing. Stanis completely caters to what you want. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you Colbycat! We will definitely contact him!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just used him last week and had a great tour. You can't go wrong with Stanis taxi. You have to have a tour on this port to see anythink. He was a very nice young man

Hey Terryinal: how many ppl did you have with you. If it's a small group, did you have to share w/ other ppl? I did a St Martin trip with a similar tour but they booked us with another group so the van was full. It would have been fine but last minute my other friends decided to join me.. + 3 more adults & 2 babies. heh!

Let me know. I'm looking to book him for my Nov trip.

Thx.

Cynthia.

Hey Terryinal: how many ppl did you have with you. If it's a small group, did you have to share w/ other ppl? I did a St Martin trip with a similar tour but they booked us with another group so the van was full. It would have been fine but last minute my other friends decided to join me.. + 3 more adults & 2 babies. heh!

Let me know. I'm looking to book him for my Nov trip.

Thx.

Cynthia.

I was the original poster here so I can tell you whatever you want, he will do. I think his car seats five. He was so nice to deal with. Very quick responses.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we have just returned from a RCL cruise and booked Stanis for our stop in St Lucia. We were driven by his employee Lionel in the morning and Stanis himself in the afternoon. Both were very friendly, helpful and informative about St Lucia and I would recommend him highly. He responds very quickly by email.

• 11 months later...

We hired Stanis in St Lucia in the first week of November 2015

He arrived in s brand new Toyota 10 Seater and was brilliant throughout

He had ice cold water and soft drinks onboard which were complimentary!

He is well known on the island and thoroughally trustworthy

Well recommended😀

• 8 months later...