Sixt Car Rental MIA - downtown Miami

Isa65

I've searched for more information, but all threads are dated.

Does anyone have recent experience with Sixt Car Rental? We are thinking about renting a car at MIA and return at their down town office.

Usually we go with Alamo, but for our dates Sixt is substantially cheaper.

Any positive, negative info or tips are more than welcome.

• 2 months later...

We, too, would like some info regarding Sixt. We will be picking up the car in another city and dropping it off in Miami. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Which of their 6 locations in Miami would be the closest to the port? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so I found out that the Downtown location is only a 5 minute taxi ride to the port. I have booked a one way rental ending there. Wish us luck. Would still like to hear any experiences with this company. We have not used them before. Got a really good rate so here's hoping....:o

Look At Silvercar

What would be the reason for looking at Silvercar? I checked their website and they do not have a location at Tampa airport, which is where we are flying into so that we can visit family before our cruise. Am I missing something?

We used Sixt in Ft. Lauderdale. We picked up the car in town as it was a little cheaper. When we arrived for the pickup they gave us a upgrade plus allowed us to return the car at their airport location at no extra charge. When we returned the car they checked us in and took us to the airport in the car we were returning. No messing with luggage until we arrived at our terminal.

Great service I highly recommend them even if the cost is a little more.

Yes! My favourite!

Used Sixt Miami downtown three times, love them! They are the closest to PoM and closeby to the Intercontinental and other Bayside area hotels. Indeed a short cab ride from PoM.

It's a small branch, they expanded from two to three counters over time and we've always received great and speedy service. Because they are less known it's also less crowded with cruisers. Not saying you won't see any but when you're one of the first in the morning there's almost no waiting time.

And their fleet is great, lots of brand new European cars. We've rented a Mini Cooper, Volkswagen Touraeg and a Mercedes GL with friends.

One way rental to MIA is also great, MIA gets the credit for running a great car rental center, the RCC. A large parking garage, you just drive in, follow your rental brand signs, park the car in line, staff walks around, you hand over the keys and done. At least that is how it worked with Sixt. On the people mover in minutes after unloading!

Thank you everyone. I have been looking at Sixt, but was hesitant as I've never heard of them. Want to pick up a Miami Airport and drop off downtown before cruise. Now I feel much better about using them.

Such a great forum.:)

Thank you everyone. I have been looking at Sixt, but was hesitant as I've never heard of them. Want to pick up a Miami Airport and drop off downtown before cruise. Now I feel much better about using them.

Such a great forum.:)

Sixt is one of the larger rental companies in Europe, well known, no worries. You might want to Google Streetview the downtown adress to identify the store front and garage entry, https://goo.gl/maps/lX49F, a nice help when driving downtown in the oneway streets. If you miss it, their garage has a second entry/exit on the opposite of the block which you will pass if you go around clockwise for a 2nd try :)

There is a flat fee cab fare for MIA - PoM, not wanting to steer your plans in any way but the Sixt downtown - PoM cab fare (some 5ish on the meter) plus the rental might be higher but I am sure you've looked into that. :)

If you go sightseeing or shopping, rent/buy of the express toll when you plan on using any toll roads btw! :)

Enjoy!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Glad to help.

Fill in as much as you can online when booking a rental, I am not sure if you guys over there already can sign up for a My Sixt account? But that does has a lot of benefits when getting the car, all they then need is a look at your license, settle the deposit, sign and you're on the road.

Enjoy Miami and Sixt, don't let the downtown traffic scare you, it's not that bad. Try Amsterdam with our small roads shared with trams and lots of insane bicycles!

And if caught in a traffic jam, remember; people around you will also move in the same slow pace.. ;)