Amsterdam Airport...Connecting Flight Questions

2Canucks

I fly into Amsterdam Airport via KLM this Sept. I have a 1 Hour 55 Minute Layover before departing for Barcelona on KLM.

I've never been to the Amsterdam Airport before so would appreciate your suggestions.

Are the ARRIVAL Gates on the same level as the DEPARTURE Gates?

How easy/hard is it to get from arrival gate to departure gate?

Are there Airport Staff available for directions? Do they wear a special uniform...what to look for.

What is the Connecting flight procedure at the Amsterdam Airport for connections? Flying KLM from CANADA to BARCELONA.

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me. :)

Pat

At the moment constructions are still going on at the airport. Now arriving and departing passengers are often at different levels. You will have plenty of time, 1 hour is more or less minimum for transfering.

Plenty of signs will put you into the right direction, but sometimes it is a long walk.

You will go through passportcontrol in Amsterdam, luggage will go on to Barcelona if you booked it on the same ticket. You will get both boardingpasses at checkin at Canada. Always check again your departure gate at the many displays around the airport, changes are possible.

Check central security on this website and more information re Schiphol airport: http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol.htm

At the moment constructions are still going on at the airport. Now arriving and departing passengers are often at different levels. You will have plenty of time, 1 hour is more or less minimum for transfering.

Plenty of signs will put you into the right direction, but sometimes it is a long walk.

You will go through passportcontrol in Amsterdam, luggage will go on to Barcelona if you booked it on the same ticket. You will get both boardingpasses at checkin at Canada. Always check again your departure gate at the many displays around the airport, changes are possible.

Check central security on this website and more information re Schiphol airport: http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol.htm

Thank You for this link...excellent info! :)

I fly into Amsterdam Airport via KLM this Sept. I have a 1 Hour 55 Minute Layover before departing for Barcelona on KLM.

I've never been to the Amsterdam Airport before so would appreciate your suggestions.

Are the ARRIVAL Gates on the same level as the DEPARTURE Gates?

How easy/hard is it to get from arrival gate to departure gate?

Are there Airport Staff available for directions? Do they wear a special uniform...what to look for.

What is the Connecting flight procedure at the Amsterdam Airport for connections? Flying KLM from CANADA to BARCELONA.

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me. :)

Pat

Hi Pat,:) hope you are doing well:)...ironic, I am going on AMA Tuliptime

too! (but going earlier in the month)...mine is April 7th.....I just booked

my hotel but haven't done the flights yet.......they are so $$$$:eek:

oh...I am on AMAStella........she is brand new too!:) and I feel bad,,,,,,,

I forgot your hubby's name. Tell him hello from me too please:)......

Edited by Lois R