Grandeur - 45 hours in port, not 3 days

herbanrenewal

Now that I have stacks of information and lots of ideas of what to do during our 3 days in Bermuda, I suddenly realize we do NOT have 3 days to explore- our first port day is sunday, and we don't get in to port until 3pm. Lots of info here about most things closed and buses stop around 4:30pm.

So really, only the dock area is feasible by self-guided walkig/public transportation for exploration on our "first" day

We have all day monday!!

Then tuesday we leave port at 12 noon, so effectively need to be back on board 1100-1130.

We are in port a total of approximately 45 hours.

Anyone done this itinerary before - is it worthwhile to try to go to one of the beaches for the morning?

What - other than ship excursions - can be enjoyed sunday and tuesday?

As you said, both days are quite limited in time allowance. I would not try to go to the beaches on Tuesday since your departure is at noon. One traffic jam and you would be on the dock watching the ship pulling out. You could hit the beaches on Sunday evening. You would just have to plan on using a taxi to get back to the ship since the buses are very limited on Sunday. We have done the Dawn out of Boston. She arrives at 11 AM on Sunday and leaves at 4 or 5 on Tuesday. That gives you several more hours in port but it is a 7 day cruise.

A possible option for going to the beach on Sunday afternoon that is cheaper than taking a taxi is to use the new mini bus shuttle service at $16 per person round trip. I can't tell you exactly how late the service runs as no one has reported back with a schedule, but it's worth looking into it when you arrive on Sunday.

I would use your limited time on Tuesday morning exploring the Dockyard.

Edited by njhorseman

The mini golf place is open 10am-10pm, 7 days, and an easy walk from the ship.

http://www.fungolf.bm/

The Bermuda Maritime Museum is open 9:30am-5pm each day and is an even easier walk from the ship.

http://www.bmm.bm/general_information.htm

You could do the the 4 hour island tour by cab Sunday afternoon.

The recently recommended Crystal Clear Kayaks at Daniels Head has a sunset tour.

http://www.crystalclearkayaksbda.com/booking.html

I am not too sure of your interest but with your schedule here is a brief overview of what you can do:

Sunday Depending on the weather I would try and visit Horseshoe Bay due to the late arrival and most of the shops in the City of Hamilton are closed.

Monday I would visit St George, prob the Caves or Aquarium and Zoo and the City of Hamilton and/or the Beach.

Tuesday I would use that day to remain the port area as the vessel departs at 12:00pm.

Enjoy Bermuda.

I am not too sure of your interest but with your schedule here is a brief overview of what you can do:

This looks good! I agree that Sunday it's best to see the beaches and it's a very good idea to stay close to the dockyard on Tuesday.