Stingray Sailings vs Acquarius Sea Tours

sewolfe

I think it have narrowed down my search between these two tour companies. Does anyone have a vote? We will have a party of 10 and do not want to be on a real crowded boat. I like the idea of Stingray Sailing's catamaran, but like that Acquarius adds Starfish Point and provides free photos. Would also like to be dropped off if possible at Seven Mile Beach. Any thought?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We highly recommend Stingray Sailing. Chip is fabulous! This is one of our favorite excursions in the Caribbean(we've done at least 100 excursions over 28 years). We have high expectations for our excursions and this one exceeded them all. No crowds and really good snorkel equipment - really important. The reef is very beautiful with lots of fish and coral. Spectacular day!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed out trip with Acquarius. It's no frills, they have punch and pizza, but nothing else. However, they don't over crowd the boat which means there's plenty of space in stingray city and at starfish point. This is everyone from our boat except 5 who didn't want to get in the water (including my 7 year old)

And they take pictures for you.

1556335_10203052406450051_1052906938_o.jpg.6122258d6cc1e3d67340d50b0c6937b2.jpg

Edited by RZ3

I don't have an opinion yet, but we were booked with Acquarius and today received a cancellation email because there is a discrepancy between what our ship itinerary shows and what the port schedule shows - she is afraid, because of the difference, they wouldn't get us back to port in time to get back to the ship. So they recommended Stingray Sailing...and I've sent them an email.

I'd say, outside of the food, the biggest difference might be the length of the tour and the fact that Aquarius stops at starfish beach.

The nice thing is that this will give us some additional time at the port area to shop/look around before heading back to the ship.

We sail on October 18 on the Navigator!!

We had our tour with Stingray City United and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Our tour also had the Nat Geo Ocean Soul exhibit and a walk through a nature trail where we got to interact with some beautiful birds. I would recommend this tour to anyone. The boat leaves from a dolphin park so you also get to see dolphins as a bonus

• 3 weeks later...

Mario met us at the information booth exactly on time. We had a group of about 20 of us. He took us to a van and our driver was great. We had torrential downpours on the way to the boat. The boat is in a yacht club and Mario and (? feel bad I can't remember his name, but he was GREAT) was on board "Big John" waiting for us. The boat was beautiful. He gave us a quick safety briefing and what to expect. We dodged the torrential rains and headed to a beautiful snorkeling site. It truly was the best snorkeling I have ever experienced. He took us to Starfish point after that, again dodging the rain, and then to stingray city. We met Kisses, the stingray and Mario took many photos of us with Kisses. I can tell you compared to the other tours I saw our there, we were pleased we were with Acquarius...WAY BETTER! When we got back on the ship, everyone was comparing notes, and ours was by far the best experience. I did a lot of research before we went and safe yourself some time, just book with Acquarius. On the way back Mario pointed out that they are always in contact with at least 2 other boats, so if there was ever an issue, they would get us back to the ship in time. He served non alcoholic drinks and pizza after our snorkeling trip. I just ordered the free photos, and cant' wait to see them.

Those two tours sounds like they are fun. We had our tour with Stingray City United, we got on the early tour which left at 8:45 and I must say, it was such an amazing experience. It was my wife's first time heading out to Stingray City and she loved it. The crew were very friendly and informative, they also took their time and ensure that we got to have a really huge stingray that we could touch and take pictures with. She cannot wait to go back and she also loved the fact that they were in their natural environment instead of a cage.

We are booked on a cruise in November and we really wanted to do the Acquarius tour but after trying to plan with them they also informed us that since we are only in port 10:30 - 5:30 it wont be possible. I appreciated that they were upfront and honest and did not try to cram us in anyway. They have lots of great photos and info on their facebook page for anyone still undecided.

NJdreamchaser - are you on a Royal Caribbean ship in November? I appreciated the fact that they felt they couldn't give us the tour that we would pay for with the time restriction. Disappointed, but totally appreciate it. They did refer us to a company they trusted, which is Stingray Sailing, so we'll be going with them. I'm sure we'll have a great time!!!

Enjoy your cruise - we can't WAIT!!!