Q about Hotel Smeraldo

CathyCruises

For anyone who may know, which is better, the rooms in the main part of the hotel, or in the 'dependance'? Same price. . .the regular rooms say that some have views or small patios/balconies, which sounds nice. But nothing like firsthand information!

Thx Cathy

Whilst we have found the Smeraldo OK the rooms are very poky, small and dark .

The family run Pomezia Hotel next door is much better in all regards. Book direct via Hotel website to avoid paying middleman commissions.

Thanks. Since I posted this, I booked a small hotel in Trastevere that gets a 95% positive rating, but it was too late to delete this.

This particular hotel caught my eye last time I was searching, but by the time I got around to booking it was sold out. It appears to be in a great location, very close to the tram line and to the river. Lots of bars and restos nearby, I'm excited to stay in a new spot that's still convenient to the Centro Storico. Great pricing, too.

Thanks. Since I posted this, I booked a small hotel in Trastevere that gets a 95% positive rating, but it was too late to delete this.

This particular hotel caught my eye last time I was searching, but by the time I got around to booking it was sold out. It appears to be in a great location, very close to the tram line and to the river. Lots of bars and restos nearby, I'm excited to stay in a new spot that's still convenient to the Centro Storico. Great pricing, too.

But certainly quite a ways from the lovely Old Rome center of Campo di'Fiori, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. I would reconsider. We twice have stayed at the Smeraldo and simply love the location.

Trastevere has its charms, too, however, if you prefer them! :)

Edited by CintiPam

But certainly quite a ways from the lovely Old Rome center of Campo di'Fiori, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. I would reconsider. We twice have stayed at the Smeraldo and simply love the location.

Trastevere has its charms, too, however, if you prefer them! :)

We stayed very near to the Smeraldo last visit and really loved the area. This hotel is actually very close, just across the river from Largo Argentina. It will be a few more minutes walk to the sites you mention, which we have visited many times. So I am looking forward to staying in a semi-new (to us) neighborhood that has its own character but is still close to everything.

IF this was our first or second or even third trip to Rome, I probably would not stay there, but I feel like we should take the opportunity to branch out a bit. Plus the reviews:price ratio were too good to pass up!

We stayed very near to the Smeraldo last visit and really loved the area. This hotel is actually very close, just across the river from Largo Argentina. It will be a few more minutes walk to the sites you mention, which we have visited many times. So I am looking forward to staying in a semi-new (to us) neighborhood that has its own character but is still close to everything.

IF this was our first or second or even third trip to Rome, I probably would not stay there, but I feel like we should take the opportunity to branch out a bit. Plus the reviews:price ratio were too good to pass up!

Makes sense to me. :) I enjoyed our one day self-guided tour in Trastevere during our last stay in Rome.

I staayed at the Smeraldo a few years ago. The rooms are small but that's typical of Italian hotels, other than the luxury ones. I'd be happy to stay there again. It's a very convenient location and there are plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance.

Whats the name of the hotel? I agree as Trastavere is not that for from all the sites if you are not far ftom the river. We loved that area at night to wander around and find a place to eat. Stayed in an apartment near Piazza Farnese and it was not that far a walk.