Marseilles to Cassis

Paumavista

I don't think we need a "tour". And I've heard the drive to Cassis can be very pretty via bus...(not so much via train)....so I thought it would be even nicer to travel by car/taxi/van. That way we could stick to our own schedule and stop to take some pictures if the views along the route were worth it (are they?). And we could be dropped off down town in Cassis near the port and picked up there again at a pre-arranged time, saving us some walking.

Has anyone done this - do you have a driver you would recommend? I hesitate to just flag down the first taxi we see in port. We have a group of four and perhaps can get a couple more on our ship to join us.

Any idea on the cost for a taxi....doing a day trip like this? Anyone?

I haven't even been able to find taxi information.....so thank you workintocruz2. Do you know if that means that the taxi will wait around for you or come back at a pre-arranged time? - - I've heard that it can be extremely difficult to get a taxi in Cassis (and I'd hate to get stuck!).

If you can get a taxi each way for about 50 Euro's and we'll split that 4 ways then that really isn't bad.......transportation would be about $25 each and then we'd have the day to do as we pleased in Cassis. BUT, I'd really like to hear from someone who has done this or can recommend a driver.

Anyone??

I haven't even been able to find taxi information.....so thank you workintocruz2. Do you know if that means that the taxi will wait around for you or come back at a pre-arranged time? - - I've heard that it can be extremely difficult to get a taxi in Cassis (and I'd hate to get stuck!).

If you can get a taxi each way for about 50 Euro's and we'll split that 4 ways then that really isn't bad.......transportation would be about $25 each and then we'd have the day to do as we pleased in Cassis. BUT, I'd really like to hear from someone who has done this or can recommend a driver.

Anyone??

I have just emailed one of the names of the taxis I had to see what the exact price was for round trip. I will let you know when I hear back. But, like you, I would like to hear from someone that has actually done this.

hello

You should contact Nancy (nancy@southernfranceluxury.com), I hired a Van for the full day the driver wait when the ship arrives and it is fully private we were able to stop anytime we wanted and a wine tasting can also be arrange to taste Provence wine, She'll organise everything for you , sharing cost make it very offordable, we were 8 pax and we paid 680€.

I have just emailed one of the names of the taxis I had to see what the exact price was for round trip. I will let you know when I hear back. But, like you, I would like to hear from someone that has actually done this.

just thought I would update you, I emailed both taxis that I had as contacts - and neither one replied.

We are in Marseille on June 30th.

Tours by Locals has a tour to Cassie for 4 hours.....wouldn't mind a little bit longer....but the cost is $438 for up to 8 people......that breaks down to roughly $55 each; not an awful price......I was kinda hoping a taxi wouldn't be more than $75 each way (although I'm not sure what the "stick around town" cost would be for a taxi to wait in Cassis......and WorkintoCruz2 didn't get a response from the taxi companies).

I haven't contacted them....but I wonder also whether I'd be responsible for filling the van with the eight people or else I'd have to absorb the cost difference for fewer people.

We are in Marseille on June 30th.

Tours by Locals has a tour to Cassie for 4 hours.....wouldn't mind a little bit longer....but the cost is $438 for up to 8 people......that breaks down to roughly $55 each; not an awful price......I was kinda hoping a taxi wouldn't be more than $75 each way (although I'm not sure what the "stick around town" cost would be for a taxi to wait in Cassis......and WorkintoCruz2 didn't get a response from the taxi companies).

I haven't contacted them....but I wonder also whether I'd be responsible for filling the van with the eight people or else I'd have to absorb the cost difference for fewer people.

I am still looking for both Cassis and the Callanques but can't find anything for a partial day either. Any tours that I have looked at are a flat rate for the vehicle and you are responsible for the full amount as well as finding people to fill the tour. However, it doesn't hurt to contact them and find out what their policy is. I am still hoping for someone to share our Amalfi Coast tour, and Cinque Terre tour - our roll call activity for our itinerary is very slow.

I e-mailed a number of taxi companies from Marseilles to enquire about price for return transfer to Cassis (we are a group of four) best price I received was 160 euro, I thought this was overpriced, so unless bus offers viable alternative option, will be exploring Marseille

I e-mailed a number of taxi companies from Marseilles to enquire about price for return transfer to Cassis (we are a group of four) best price I received was 160 euro, I thought this was overpriced, so unless bus offers viable alternative option, will be exploring Marseille

Thanks for the info, I never did get a reply from the 2 taxi companies that I emailed. I agree 160 Euro is quite high.

• 3 months later...

What a great day - June 30!

We used Adam, with https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_Review-g187253-d7726688-Reviews-Provence_Tours_Taxi-Marseille_Bouches_du_Rhone_Provence.html

He picked us up at the port with a sign with my name on it. We got 4 other people to share with us.

He was willing to do a tour of any sights we wanted or just provide transportation to Cassis.

Cassis is very pretty. Adam dropped us in the middle of town and pointed out where to catch the boats to the Calanques. You just buy your tickets 3,5,or 8 Calanques and get on the next boat....they run continuously all day. We were on the boat within 5 minutes. When we got back to town we walked around and got sandwiches at the bakery (there are LOTS of nice restaurants along the waterfront). Then we went for a swim....still not a fan of these rocky beaches.

Adam was waiting for us at the agreed upon time and we all had a fun time talking about our day on the way back to the ship. Highly recommended day!

Judy