Paris Info Help Needed

Woobstr112G

Need some help......Just booked our flights and decided to do something a little different. Instead of flying straight into Copenhagen for the begining of our cruise, I decided to surprise DW and stop off in Paris for two days then fly on to CPH. Need reccomendations for a decent hotel for our two nights. Something kinda in the middle which won't kill my pocketbook and will be a better than motel 6.

Thanks in Advance for you help......

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I spent 4 long months looking for the "perfect" hotel in Paris...one with style , location and a decent price.....My trip is only in June , so I can´t give you a real life opinion as of yet.However , I bought 3 Paris guidebooks , read 1000s of reviews on Tripadvisor , Expedia and the Fodors forum.

Here is list of hotels I think have something special:

Hotel Henri IV

Hotel Brighton

Hotel Des Deux Iles

Hotel Aubosson

Hotel Eiffel Seinne

Hotel Saint Paul (Rive Gauche)

Hotel LÀbbaye St.Germain

L`Hotel (these last two are pricier)

There are some neat hotels!Have fun.

Kim

I stayed at the Hotel Garden Elysee this summer and it was about $200-400 per night depending on time of year. We took a taxi there from the airport (about 20 Euros). From there we walked everywhere- never got in another taxi or had to use the subway. We were a short walk to the Eiffel Tower, The Arc D'Triumphe and the Champs Elysee. The first day we just walked everywhere and the second day we did the hop-on-hop-off bus (the stop was two or three blocks from the hotel). This was a great way to get an overview of the city but you can also do the Batobus down the Seine, which others really liked.

There was a little grocery store next to the hotel, where we bought some fruit and water in the morning before setting off on our explorations. This was convenient. There was also an excellent Indian restaurant within walking distance- where we had our best meal in Paris.

I highly recommend going to the Eiffel Tower at night and walking up to the first level. From there you have a great view and it is a shorter line at for the stairs and the lines are really long during the day.

My favorite is the Hotel Du Louvre. It's not cheap though - we've averaged between $300 and $350 a night (at the current exchange rate) the last few times we've stayed there.

Edit: And for something a little more upmarket - the hotel St. James Paris (http://www.saint-james-paris.com/uk/navigation.htm). Rates start at something like €300 a night. Saw this one on a travel show where an interior designer went to Paris shopping. The place has the feel of a private Gentleman's club.

Second edit: And, of course, I mean private Gentleman's club in the English sense of the phrase, not the American one. ;) :eek: :D

Thanks all for the info......Will look into all the reccomendations...........:)

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Archived