What to do in Belize?

kupers

We cruise in 2 weeks. I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted to do as snorkeling and cave tubing both sound fun! I had decided we were going to do a catamaran sail and snorkel but the only company I found doesn't have anything available. So... What next? Would it be best for us to wait until we get there and decide? Would we find discounts at the last minute? Is that too risky in Belize because you need to travel too far? Is there anything beach wise or fun in walking distance from the port? I hadn't planned on going through the ship excursions because their prices are double!!! Belize is the one port I'm struggling with! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did the ATV and Cavetubing ... I would definitely recommend one or the other but not both due to time. Cavetubing would be my preference. It was awesome.

Cave tubing is definitely a lot of fun (and informational as well). We have done it twice using cavetubing dot (.) biz.

Have you thought about swimming with the sharks and rays? It's an awesome, once in a lifetime thing and there's usually snorkeling as well. Or you could just book one of the islands (like Goffs Caye), which also has some awesome snorkeling.

I have some reviews in my signature line with tons of pictures. Maybe one will interest you. :)

If you want to snorkel, then Belize is your place. Shark Ray Alley and Island Break is the excursion. The snorkeling is amazing and you will never forget it. They also take you to the laid back island of Caye Caulker (spent a week there once) and that is well worth it as well. Both the cruise line and Coral Breeze Tours have that excursion.

I found an excursion on ship mate named "shark alley reef snorkel and beach tour" would this be the same you are mentioning? It says snorkel the swash and shark Ray alley then back to Caye caulker.

I found an excursion on ship mate named "shark alley reef snorkel and beach tour" would this be the same you are mentioning? It says snorkel the swash and shark Ray alley then back to Caye caulker.

That would be it.

My advice would be to Not wait. Waiting caused you to not be able to book your catamaran.

Also when you wait you can not take the time to review the company or people responsible for taking you away from the ship.

Remember you are visiting a third world country.

Although, I feel safe visiting there I know ahead of time who I will be spending my time with.

As far as tours I would most definitely choice snorkeling shark ray alley.

This also needs to be planned as it entails a boat ride and equipment etc.....

If you decide to go to the caves there are different items you would bring off shore than snorkeling.

Sorry I am a planner.

Have fun.

For real fun you could take a bus to the zoo or Blue Hole National Park.

There you don't need a guide to walk a short distance into the cave and you can swim in the blue hole. You will also experience the culture for a very small amount of money. The zoo is also great. Although once is enough lol.

The bus drops you off in front of both places.