Selzer water vs club soda

pris993

Any one know whether selzer water is available from room service. I prefer selzer over club soda.
I don't know about seltzer, but they have Tonic, which at least isn't sweet like club soda.

I'm pretty sure it's just club soda - but it's not got any added sodium or anything. For all intents and purposes, it's just like regular seltzer. There's also Perrier and at least one other sparkling water.

I'm pretty sure it's just club soda - but it's not got any added sodium or anything. For all intents and purposes, it's just like regular seltzer. There's also Perrier and at least one other sparkling water.

Thanks .. some club soda does have added sodium, so hope you are right. I do want to avoid the added sodium. Will check it out, we are going on the N Amsterdam, have not been on HAL for 4-5 years.

Club soda isn't sweet. It tastes like Perrier.

Thanks I know club soda is not sweet, neither is selzer, what I want is carbonated water without sodium, some club soda has sodium while selzer is just carbonated water, that is the difference.

Thanks I know club soda is not sweet, neither is selzer, what I want is carbonated water without sodium, some club soda has sodium while selzer is just carbonated water, that is the difference.

I was replying to JTL as he mentioned club soda was sweet, thus my answer.

Club soda isn't sweet. It tastes like Perrier.
It is to me. Seltzer and tonic are "dryer" or "tarter", hence less sweet. I think I tasted Perrier once, but don't recall what it was like. Edited by jtl513

It is to me. Seltzer and tonic are "dryer" or "tarter", hence less sweet. I think I tasted Perrier once, but don't recall what it was like.

Ok. I drink club soda all the time and it's like fizzy water. Tonic water is loaded with sugar, worse then drinking soft drinks.

Thanks .. some club soda does have added sodium, so hope you are right. I do want to avoid the added sodium. Will check it out, we are going on the N Amsterdam, have not been on HAL for 4-5 years.

You will be consuming about a half pound of salt in the dining room food and you are worried about a few milligrams of salt in your drinks??????

One steak, one pizza serving, one order of French fries, or one bowl of soup contains more salt than an entire case of soda.

Edited by BruceMuzz

It is to me. Seltzer and tonic are "dryer" or "tarter", hence less sweet. I think I tasted Perrier once, but don't recall what it was like.

I agree with Cruz Chic - Club Soda is not sweat. There is NO sweetening agent in it.:rolleyes:

You will be consuming about a half pound of salt in the dining room food and you are worried about a few milligrams of salt in your drinks??????

One steak, one pizza serving, one order of French fries, or one bowl of soup contains more salt than an entire case of soda.

You are correct most meals on board have way too much salt, for that reason we special order off menu and don't eat pizza, soup, etc. We don't cook with salt at home so try to avoid it as much as possible when traveling for health reasons.

The Club Soda on our recent Noordam cruise (early March 2014) was the sodium free variety.