Taxi prices Copenhagen

One of our travellers is over 80 and not really fit to get on and off public transport. Anybody advise me of the taxi fares from CPH to Scandic Hotel, Vester Soegade 6 on first day, from hotel to Freeport on second day and on the last day from the port to airport. I am on the Baltic cruise with Princess.

Thanks

We were at the Radisson Blu Royal which is a few blocks further than your hotel to the port for the Emeral Princess. The cab cost to the port was $28.00, we had our bellboy ask the cab driver the approx cost before we got in the cab. This was a sunday. You'll love your cruise...enjoy:)

From info site:

Airport taxi fares in Copenhagen

Kastrup Airport - Central Copenhagen: Approx. DKK 150-200.

Tips are included in the taxi fare. Most major credit cards are accepted. Extra luggage might cost you extra.

( about $38 at today's exchange )

Marriott told us to expect dkk200-240 for airport to hotel fare and it was just over 200. Fair amount of traffic. They told us to expect same for fare to Freeport but it was a lot less, I think around 140, that was on Sunday with v little traffic.

Took shuttle back to airport, seemed to be enough taxis, but big traffic jam bottleneck at port exit!

Thanks for the replies everybody. I have seen various fares quoted throughout the site and wanted to get an overall rough idea of how much kroner was likely to be needed. Seems as if it varies from cab to cab, which I suppose is normal. Some fares quoted were up to 500 kroner from port to airport!

The distance from the Copenhagen airport into the main part of town is not too far and the price ranges stated match our experiences. Also, you will be pleased with this airport in Copenhagen. It's somewhat large, but not massive. Many of the floor are wooden, giving a nicer, warm, quieter feel, etc. Cabs are handy and in good supply. From two different trips to Copenhagen, we super loved this town. AND, things are fairly flat in Copenhagen, making getting around there somewhat easier than in some other large cities in Europe.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 20,954 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 46,414 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

I took a taxi from CPH to our apartment in the city which is very close to your hotel, just a little along the lakes and it cost 235 DKK. This was on the meter and the driver took the most direct route (the one I take when driving).

It will be a bit less to the port.

Hope this helps.

• 8 months later...

We are staying at the Copenhagen Hilton airport hotel so we can either take the Princess transfer on a Sunday for $34 USD per person(2 of us travelling) or take a cab from the Hilton to the port. Which option is cheaper,especially with gas prices escalating? I also have a credit card which does not charge me extra for foreign transactions. We are going in August,2012

Thanks

A quick calculation from kroner to dollars gives a better price for the taxi, you will probably have to pay around 300 to 350 kroner for the taxi trip to the Freeport terminal.

I calculate the bus trip to around 400 kroner but please correct me if I'm wrong.

NCL charged me $30 for the transfer from ship to airport. Since I'm travelling alone this price works well for me, I don't have to worry about getting a cab and I'm not in a rush to get to the airport because my plane doesn't leave till 2pm. Seems the easiest way for me, but since the price is per person it could get really expensive quickly.

Archived