Port or Starboard Baltics Quest

Glaciers

We're on the Quest departing Amsterdam on May 13. I've searched but can't find anything definitive. We were thinking that on our overnights in Copenhagen and Stockholm it would be better to have a cabin facing things of interest. Does anyone have suggestions on what side of the ship might be better for a cabin during this trip?

I can't help with Copenhagen, but IF the Quest uses the same docks as the little sisters my photos from the Baltics may prove helpful.

IIRC in Amsterdam Starboard has the better view, in St. Petersburg again starboard. Stockholm you have the old town on the portside but the rest of the city off starboard.

This is very helpful. Really enjoyed your photos, still going through them. I was wondering about the photography aspect at some of the St Petersburg venues and you have given me some more to think about. Thank you.

When a ship docks you never know which side will be facing a view and which side a wall. It all depends on how the ship is parked. As for the voyage itself it depends on which direction you are sailing. There is always a map with the itinerary on SB's website to give you an idea of the route and the better side. And of course,you can always ask your TA for advice.

I can't help with Copenhagen, but IF the Quest uses the same docks as the little sisters my photos from the Baltics may prove helpful.

IIRC in Amsterdam Starboard has the better view, in St. Petersburg again starboard. Stockholm you have the old town on the portside but the rest of the city off starboard.

Quest does not use the same docking area as the sisters in Copenhagen

but luck is with op since Quest is docking this once at the Langelinie a little north of Toldboden where the small ones use to dock

When a ship docks you never know which side will be facing a view and which side a wall. It all depends on how the ship is parked. As for the voyage itself it depends on which direction you are sailing. There is always a map with the itinerary on SB's website to give you an idea of the route and the better side. And of course,you can always ask your TA for advice.

We’re all over the SB map and have it as our screen saver. Other than Kiel Canal it appeared most of the sailing would be water on both sides with slightly more scenery on the starboard side, on occasion. Since we have three ports with overnights we decided to maximize the evening viewing while in those ports. Certainly understand that it’s based on how we’re parked but it would seem there should be some consistency in parking in each port. Otherwise it could be a wanton mess.

Quest does not use the same docking area as the sisters in Copenhagenbut luck is with op since Quest is docking this once at the Langelinie a little north of Toldboden where the small ones use to dock

By the map, it looks like a wonderful place to dock.