Question about "guaranteed" cabin

Norwegian Virgin

My husband and I booked a NCL cruise through a travel agent and opted for a gauranteed cabin instead of an assigned cabin. We knew we were taking our chances with the location of our balcony cabin, but thought we would roll the dice and hope for a possible upgrade. Well, we ended up getting a family balcony cabin, which our travel agent told us was an upgrade!:rolleyes: This cabin is attached to another and, in my opinion is not an upgrade or a comparable balcony. I feel that it is a downgrade from a private balcony cabin. We were told the only way to get out of it was to pay for an upgrade to a mini suite. Do we have any hope in getting another cabin reassignment without having to pay more? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Your balcony will be as "private" as any other. Sound like there will be a connecting doorway in the cabin...it will remain locked (just like in a hotel) if you aren't with the folks in the room next door! You won't be "sharing" anything.

Archived