Cheers/Custom Cocktails

vacin8r

Carnival has a wide variety of tropical cocktails to choose from on the ship, but let's say I have a favorite one that is not very common that is not offered. For example I love a Wiki Waki Woo:

1/2 oz vodka

1/2 oz tequila

1/2 oz triple sec

1/2 oz amaretto

1/2 oz 151 rum

Mix over ice in a hurricane glass and fill with equal parts orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.

Now in the case of this drink, there are a lot of alcoholic components. First off, do you think I could order this drink at one of the bars if I provided the recipe, and second, if I didn't have cheers, would a drink like this be ridiculously expensive, and third, if I had cheers could I order it and have it be covered by cheers? I know the limit is supposedly $50 now, but I didn't know the limits as far as amounts of alcohol in a custom drink.

Thanks for any info in advance.

As a former bartender of eight years, I probably would not approach the bartender with this drink request unless somehow our conversation led to fun drinks we knew how to make. I definitely would not approach the bartender at a busy time with this drink order. Just being honest from a different perspective...

Also, that appears to have well more than one drink's worth of alcohol. Most mixed drinks do not have more than a 1.5, maybe 2 ounces of liquor in it. I doubt he would give you those ounces of alcohol, especially with the 151.

I think your best bet would be to order something different from the drink menu, and then five minutes later order an additional shot to strengthen it if you'd like.

My experience has been that without Cheers that drink would be ridiculously expensive. My mom drug me to the bar one on board one night to tell the guy how to make the chocolate/raspberry "martini" that she likes. By the time it was all said and done it ended up being a $22 drink.

With Cheers, I would assume that each component would have to be ordered as a separate drink and thus you'd have to order them 5 minutes apart.

A Long Island has several different liquors in it, but I think they are each 1/4 oz (not sure, not a bartender). I believe I counted five different types in that drink.

Tasty! BTW, noticed Carnival started serving those in slightly smaller glasses. Not to get off topic.

A Long Island has several different liquors in it, but I think they are each 1/4 oz (not sure, not a bartender). I believe I counted five different types in that drink.

Tasty! BTW, noticed Carnival started serving those in slightly smaller glasses. Not to get off topic.

I noticed that also. I noticed three cruises ago that the bartenders went from full pours on the LIT to half pours or less, it ruined the drink, not smooth at all. My last cruise a three day on the Sensation, the LIT was poured correctly. I hope they will be good on my upcoming seven day on the Sunshine. CCL is one of the few places I have found that can make a good LIT. Former armature college bartender.

My suggestion, and something I have done in the past: just cut all the alcohol and mixers in half so it's more in line with a regular drink. And cutting the mixers in half will make it taste the same