Santorini boat to Oia

roothy123

http://www.santoriniport.com/santorini-water-taxi/

In the continuing on-again, off-again saga of the boat to Oia, I saw this today. It was updated recently to state that the boat is NOT running from the tender area for cruise ships to Oia. It may be out of date, but just thought I would post. I thought I read earlier this summer that the boats were running again. Now I'm not so sure!

If you want to go to Oia this summer/fall, you may have to do it by cable car and then cab, bus, rental car/ATV or private tour.

Well as at this week early September the motorized boat is certainly running from the lower tender area at Fira near the cable car. It runs continous shuttles between lower Fira near the tender arrival points to and from Oia.

kuldalai visiting Santorini on Star Pride. Tuesday 01/09/2015.

We used the boat to Oia just last week, when we were at Santorini on the Azamara Journey. This service is good value at 10 euros per person, for the boat, then the bus to Oia and then the bus from Oia to Fira. There were two other ships in port before us, with about 3000 pax each, and we didn't arrive until about 9am, so I wondered whether we would be able to get on it. Everything was fine - a bit chaotic, with so many people wanting it, but we still got on a boat to Oia from the tender area about 10.15am.

We used the boat when we were there last month. It's operated by this company http://www.santorini-excursions.com. I picked up a leaflet from them when we were there. They also a run a number of excursions which you can also see on the link. Their office was just to the left as the tenders drop you. English speaking and very friendly people.

We just used them for the boat transfer to Oia and bus transfer back but will use them again when we're in Santorini in a few weeks time for one of their boat trips to the volcano/hot springs. We'd looked at doing this with Celebrity but these people do it for much cheaper and with more options.

• 4 weeks later...
We were there last week and the boat is running to Oia. The cost was 10 euros per person round trip...boat to Oia and bus back to Fira. The bus back to Fira ran at 11:00, 12:00, 13:00 and 14:00 pm.

We don't arrive in Santorini until the afternoon. Do you know if the boat and bus combo operates on an afternoon schedule as well?

Thanks.

We don't arrive in Santorini until the afternoon. Do you know if the boat and bus combo operates on an afternoon schedule as well?

Thanks.

I don't know for sure but I'm guessing it does not. The sign on the bus had the last time back to Fira as 14:00. We were back to the tender area at 1:00 p.m. and I did not notice anyone on the dock looking for passengers to Oia like there was in the morning. All of the ships were morning arrivals the day we were there.

Thanks.

When we were there in August we didn't leave the ship until 1.00 pm. We caught the boat to Oia and the bus back at 4 and I believe the last bus back to town was 5 pm. If you wanted to stay later you could always catch the local bus or a taxi back.

Edited by Bobal

When we were there in August we didn't leave the ship until 1.00 pm. We caught the boat to Oia and the bus back at 4 and I believe the last bus back to town was 5 pm. If you wanted to stay later you could always catch the local bus or a taxi back.

Thank you so much for the information!

• 4 weeks later...