Why no question about ship after car rental?

ottmar

I rented a car for our March cruise on Kauai and Hilo and there was no question about where and what ship to pick us up for the airport rental place even though both Thrifty and Budget assures that "Courtesy shuttles are sent to the harbor from their airport location automatically"

Should I perceive that the shuttle will "automatically"know what ship I am on and find me?

I rented a car for our March cruise on Kauai and Hilo and there was no question about where and what ship to pick us up for the airport rental place even though both Thrifty and Budget assures that "Courtesy shuttles are sent to the harbor from their airport location automatically"

Should I perceive that the shuttle will "automatically"know what ship I am on and find me?

When we were there in November all the rental companies have a spot where they line-up.

If you have a reservation (on list), you will get on the shuttle. If not, you'll get on only if there's room and cars available.

Thanks, we dock at 7

and 9 am at these ports and for getting off the ship in time I made the reservations for one and a half hour after arriving. Will they hold me to this time should I get off the ship earlier?

Thanks, we dock at 7

and 9 am at these ports and for getting off the ship in time I made the reservations for one and a half hour after arriving. Will they hold me to this time should I get off the ship earlier?

what did the car rental company say when you asked them?

Thanks, we dock at 7

The earlier you get off, the more time you have ashore;), but the shuttles run from the time the ships arrive and continuously all day. You can get on one at any time as long as you have a CAR reserved. You are not scheduling a personal shuttle pick up, so get off the ship when you like and just look for your company's shuttle area inside the port. They are all next to each other. If you do not arrive at the rental site at the exact time, they are not going to cancel your reservation.

Also call them back and let them know what ship you are on.

Keith

The OP can do that, but it really doesn't matter what ship he is on as long as he has booked at the airport location. The shuttles run from the airport to the peir automatically every time a ship is in port. As long as he has indicated that he is a cruise ship passenger and has booked a car at the airport location, he is good. Hundreds of people have cars booked. A "Thrifty" shuttle is going and coming about every 10 minutes, and same for the other companies. If he has booked at any other location, then he should confirm that a shuttle will be sent.