Port Canaveral Security / Check In Logistics

irishgal1970

Hi. Please be kind if this is answered elsewhere. :o

I've cruised out of Port of Miami twice, both times on Celebrity, so I know how it works there. However, I've read several threads about Port Canaveral and have become a bit confused. We will be shuttling to the port from the Budget office at the port. Is there one long security line for all of the ships? Or will the driver drop everyone at their specific ship's area? That's what I'm used to -- driver drops us at Celebrity ship, we drop bags, we go through Celebrity security, and then we go up to check in. However, several of the threads have lead me to believe that there's one huge security line at Port Canaveral for all of the ships. I'm sure I've just gotten confused by something...normally I wouldn't care, but my cousins are coming over from the UK for this cruise and I would like to be a bit more sure of how it works at Port Canaveral. Thanks!!!

On a day with 2-3 ships in port, there are long lines of traffic just to get into Port Canaveral due to there only being one entrance that goes by all the different individual embarkation points... Depending on what time you plan to arrive, the line of traffic can be quite long.

I will get beat up again

but will say again

the problem develops when the ME FIRST crowd decides to arrive at the terminals before the prior cruise has left ...... and this can be compounded if the draw bridge to the north (A) terminals must open .....

If you can CHILL until 10 or 11 b4 you go to the terminal it is likely you'll see NO WAITS at the parking or the check in desk ....

I've seen many times where someone insisted on arriving at the terminal at 9AM and the PC terminal was NOT open yet for new cruisers ..... so you wait outside ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 1 month later...