FLL Taxi Fares

cynbar

After months of planning, the big day is almost here and we'll be leaving Saturday for 1 night pre cruise before our trip on Celebrity Silhouette. Can someone please quote me the following taxi fares, before tip?

FLL to the Renaissance on 17th Street

Renaissance to the pier

Pier to FLL

It will be just the two of us plus 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons. I like to have the right amount put aside in a separate pocket, so this will be a big help. Thanks

After months of planning, the big day is almost here and we'll be leaving Saturday for 1 night pre cruise before our trip on Celebrity Silhouette. Can someone please quote me the following taxi fares, before tip?

FLL to the Renaissance on 17th Street About $15+tip

Renaissance to the pier Depending upon ship location, about $10

Pier to FLL About $15+tip

It will be just the two of us plus 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons. I like to have the right amount put aside in a separate pocket, so this will be a big help. Thanks

If you care to use Uber, the fares will be about 60% of the taxi fares and it will be charged to your credit card, so no need for envelopes full of cash.

I was going to suggest Uber as well. No need to tip or have cash. If you have a smart phone, just download the App. It's very easy and most drivers are very familiar with the airports and piers. If you choose an UberXL there will be plenty of space for your luggage. And you can see how much it will cost before you request one be sent. It's a great service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I was going to suggest Uber as well. No need to tip or have cash. If you have a smart phone, just download the App. It's very easy and most drivers are very familiar with the airports and piers. If you choose an UberXL there will be plenty of space for your luggage. And you can see how much it will cost before you request one be sent. It's a great service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Uber Reinassance to Port, around $6. FLL to CY on the beach was $12 so the Reinassance is probably $6-8. Port to FLL was $6. All great drivers and clean cars, all UberX. That's all we'll use in Ft Lauderdale going forward. If you have a tight timeline from Port to FLL you may want a cab since they line up outside the pier upon arrival. Don't think the cabbies like Uber so they may take a back seat. We waited about 15 minutes but in no hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recommendation is also for Uber, being much better priced than a taxi. We used them going to and from our cruise out of Port Everglades. Clean cars, competent drivers, known fares prior to the ride. UberX ought to work fine for the two of you. Be sure you know what Terminal you will be departing from, as our Uber driver needed a bit of help navigating Port Everglades going in.

Uber has a referral program for first time users. If you use my or any other user's promo code, both get $10-$15 off the first ride.

My Uber code is: 6y3g9

Enjoy the journey!

Neal

Mmmm, Uber might be an idea. We live in the country so haven't used it but have wanted to give it a try. So, you pay directly through your phone? How about a tip? Is it easy for Uber to get into the port? Any other tips will be appreciated.

No tip required or expected -but I've never had an Uber driver turn down a cash tip.

Set up the app on your phone including your credit card. When you request a ride a driver will accept your request - you'll get the driver's info and car info along with an expected arrival time. Access to the ports and airports (POM, PE, FLL, MIA) is not an issue. After your ride you'll get an email receipt from Uber - EASY! Lyft works the same way. Prices for both Uber and Lyft average about 60% of taxi fares :cool:

Mmmm, Uber might be an idea. We live in the country so haven't used it but have wanted to give it a try. So, you pay directly through your phone? How about a tip? Is it easy for Uber to get into the port? Any other tips will be appreciated.

You need to upload the app to your phone, register a credit card you want to use and that's the start. You can estimate fares on the app. They say "no tipping" however we do accordingly. We Ubered in and out of the Port in December no issues. The driver has restrictions to follow for security and passengers must show their ID's as with any other mode of transportation. The vehicles they use are their personal vehicle so it's clean and the drivers we used were very nice. Google Uber and read up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk