*****Flying cheap to San Juan********

gatorfamily

We are thinking about a cruise out of San Juan but we need to really work on getting a great price for airfare. We live in South Florida and can fly out of West Palm, Fort Lauderdale,Orlando or Miami. Anyone get a great airfare to San Juan? What is the cheapest price you have gotten and where? Thanks!:)

We are thinking about a cruise out of San Juan but we need to really work on getting a great price for airfare. We live in South Florida and can fly out of West Palm, Fort Lauderdale,Orlando or Miami. Anyone get a great airfare to San Juan? What is the cheapest price you have gotten and where? Thanks!:)

try kayak.com.. I have flown from the Chicago for under $275. It all depends on the time of year.

We flew San Francisco to San Juan for $279 pp right from the AA website BUT wouldn't ya know a few months later they had a $189 special.:mad:

You better cherish that deal:D Our flight to San Juan for Dec is $420.00 out of Ontario, Calif. The same flight right now is $720.00:eek:

Our flight from Raleigh NC with a stop in Miami is $260.00. Booked thru AAA. We have to drive almost 5 hours to get to that airport. From Norfolk, Va which is about a hour ride from us, was double. Gotta do what ya gotta do.....

Spirit Air is super cheap but you'll be nickled and dimed for everything (pay for each luggage bag, drinks, etc) so make sure you add those costs into your budget because sometimes American will be cheaper than Spirit so it pays to shop around.

I use Fare Compare to create a search agent telling it the airport and dates interested and it sends me an e-mail when the price drops but you gotta act quick because the cheap seats don't last.

I've flown FLL-SJU and MIA-SJU for $134 r/t which is a great deal since most of the time the same flights cost $218 r/t

You better cherish that deal:D Our flight to San Juan for Dec is $420.00 out of Ontario, Calif. The same flight right now is $720.00:eek:

This might make you feel better. We paid $716 for our flight to San Juan from Moline, IL. That same flight is now almost $1200!

I was looking at the Destiny cruise. 7 ports 7 days and to fly from Tampa to SJU $236.00 round trip per person. There is 3 of us. I thought that was a lot.

Will keep checking.

I hope you called back and got a price adjustment.

Do they do price adjustments just like the cruise? I did not know that. I would go ahead and book my air today if I knew they would honor a lower price if it comes available. Please tell me more.....

Look into JetBlue. They fly non-stop from Orlando to San Juan, PR. It looks like they offer a rate of around $89 each way depending on the day of the week you choose to travel. Good luck!!

Do they do price adjustments just like the cruise? I did not know that. I would go ahead and book my air today if I knew they would honor a lower price if it comes available. Please tell me more.....

No! Most airlines do not offer any price adjustments of any kind. The only airline I've ever heard that offers anything is JetBlue and it's a credit towards a future flight that must be used within a year. Airfare is one of those areas that baffles me. Years ago I could fly from NY to Orlando for pretty close to the same price I can fly now. With all the higher costs for fuel and doing business I'm amazed that prices have been so low for so long. I have noticed though that prices for the past 6 months that go to areas with cruise ports have gone up. I can only dream about getting a flight for under $300 now. If you find flights that seem to be a good deal and you are happy with the prices I'd book them asap. The risk of higher flights increases when they sell out on cheaper seats. Also the cruise air board is an excellent resource for anything related to airfare http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128 . There are some that frequently post and are amazing in their flight expertise :)

During some of the year, we generally can find flights from Orlando to PR for around $149pp. I think they've just raised the taxes again , so now they are probably a little more. We've found American Airlines and Jet Blue to usually have the best deals.

This might make you feel better. We paid $716 for our flight to San Juan from Moline, IL. That same flight is now almost $1200!

Thanks I feel better now:) It really is hit or miss with those flights into San Juan. We have been checking them for a couple years and they have always been $600.00 to 700.00 or more from our area in Calif. We were looking for a cruise out of Miami again and I found that San Juan was cheaper then Miami at the time so I jumped on it for $420.00. It really is all about time of the season, where you fly out of and just plain lucky finding a great deal. Yes there are some really great deals but alot are red eye flights or more then one connecting flight. It will take you 17 hours to get there but they are cheap lol! No thanks my time is worth way more then the price of that plane ticket.:D

We paid $280 RT per person on Expedia to San Juan. I booked the airfare 5 1/2 months prior to our cruise and I'm glad I did. As time moved on that same ticket went to $520 per person. We flew on USAir going from Cleveland, Ohio to San Juan and Delta Airlines for our return trip home. So you may want to try expedia or cheaptickets and search for prices.

Because you live in South Florida, you should get a cheap rate. You are fairly close to PR than the rest of us.

Go to the travel sites; Expedia.com, Yahoo Travel, AOL Travel, etc.

Not all the sites are going to have the same rates.

Also, if you have the option, try different airports to fly out of. Might save some $$. I think there's direct flights out of Miami.

Don't bother with layovers anywhere for a cheaper price, that would absolutely silly. What you save in $$ you lose in flight time.

I know many airlines will offer you credit vouchers for future travel. Its always best to call the airline since they all have different polices. Southwest, Airtran, Delta do it for sure..Im sure there are others.

I have been finding rates at $232.00 per person which doesn't sound too bad but we have to buy five tickets. We just flew to New York for $120.00 per person so I just thought with us being closer we could get a better price. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful? We heard if we joined the Spirit club we could get a low fare. Has anyone joined and gotten a great deal?

Archived