My time dining

seaandsea

Can you make reservations ahead of time for my time dining or do you have to wait till you are on board. We will be sailing on Independence and would love to have our dinner times set before we go.

Thanks,

Edited by seaandsea

Then click on the reservation number of your cruise.

Look down on the left. There is a button to click for your dining.

You can make reservations there.

If the times available on line don't suit you, you can wait until you are on board.

Reservations for My Time open several months before your cruise, and this varies by cruise. For example, we are about 100 days out and neither My Time nor the specialty restaurants are open for reservations yet. Shore excursions and some onboard activities have been available for at least a month. Sometimes you will see a "Sorry, wait until you get onboard" message. Not necessarily true - just keep checking every day or two. When it does open you can make reservations for either the same time the whole cruise or different times. Easiest to make the single reservation and then change one or two if needed. Some folks have reported that there is a maximum number of reservations you can make at a time, so if you have a large party and long cruise you can get an error. Try booking one night at a time if this is the case.

We were able to book the same time with the same waiters for a 14 day B2B on Navigator. Turns out they move the waiters around the dining room on changeover day. Not a problem - the young lady at the checkin desk did the table assignments and she was happy to move us with the waiters.

Well we had a bad experience with MTD. We had a total of 14 people. Every time I tried to make a reservation for all of us they would say they had no large tables. So we always were stuck waiting and could not get dinner before 7:30 or 8. So if you do have a large group be sure and make reservations prior to cruise if possible.

Our next cruise I am not worried there is only 6 of us so I will try to make each day.