Horseback Riding

pairodocs

• 2 years later...

We used Goldmine Ranch in February and had a very nice time. We spent about an hour and a half riding. It was not a "nose to tail" type of ride which made it very enjoyable. You could go whatever speed you felt comfortable with (within reason). We got to walk the horses into the water, along the beach, and into some hills. The guide took our picture in multiple spots with our own camera. The horses were calm and friendly. We were only with one another couple and our guide on the tour. I like that they only take up to 6 guests at a time, I would not enjoy being with more than that. The owner picked us up at a gas station that was an easy 5 minute walk from the port and dropped us back off there. The owner started his business by rescuing horses and then expanded to rescuing other animals. Very thoughtful man. I enjoyed giving him our business.

I have used Rancho Notorious. They are about the same as anyone else. I think Princess uses Rancho la Ponderosa.

Another vote for Rancho Notorious. Rode with them several years back on a land vacation, booked the "group" option to save a few bucks, but I was alone (no ships in port that day).

The horses were well kept and trained, I am an experienced rider so the guide pretty much let me make the pace as I pleased.