Review of Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean - March 2015

ColeSC15 - we (along with Rubywith) did the 9:00 bridge tour. We had our 2 small children with on (5 and 8 years old), and surprisingly they asked great questions and were overall well behaved

Always a good thing :)

Congrats on your engagement!! :) My husband and I (Grandma and Grandpa) were part of the Lisa & Neb in the Royal Family Suite. Since there were not many pictures posted we took loads so can email if anyone would like them. Beautiful ship, great itinerary. Took advantage of the Bridge Tour and other 3 did the Galley Tour. Captain Tony was exceptional in letting us know what was happening with the medical emergencies we experienced. Swimming with the Dolphins with 3 generations was unbelievable. Looking already at another cruise.

My mom and brother's family have suite 9394 booked for June 2016. Thanks for the offer to email photos of Royal Family suite. My email: blueeyedblondie1964atyahoodotcom

Congratulation Colesc15 on your engagement. Nice to hear you liked the location of your Grand suite. I have 1324 booked for June 2016. Do you have any other recommendations or help hints about this cabin? I am sure the balcony view was awesome. Was the balcony furniture in good condition? (although a lot can happen to the furnishings in over a years time)

Congratulation Colesc15 on your engagement. Nice to hear you liked the location of your Grand suite. I have 1324 booked for June 2016. Do you have any other recommendations or help hints about this cabin? I am sure the balcony view was awesome. Was the balcony furniture in good condition? (although a lot can happen to the furnishings in over a years time)

I was actually in 1324 last year in Adventure and I loved it. I tried to get it again for this cruise but it was gone already. The location was perfect. I like being by that set of elevators because it's right by the dining room, cl lounge and it seems like adventure always docks and you get off at ports from that set of elevators. Great location!

The furniture could use replacing but by no means is it awful. The balcony furniture is fairly new

CruiseApril - we (Rubywith) and us (Lisa&Neb) did the dolphin swim in St. Kitts. The program just opened in December. We booked it directly through the company (phone) as it said that cruise passengers needed to book with the cruise line. I sent them an email saying that it wasn't an excursion offered by the cruise and it was very simple to book.

Dolphins at St. Kitts was through Dolphindiscovery.com As Lisa indicated (Lisa&Neb), the fantastic adventure was booked with them directly. Their website has different promo's and three different tiers of 'swims'. Ours was the Dolphin Swim Adventure and we were in the water for one hour.

We have returned from our March 15-22 vacation on the Adventure of the Seas. We, along with our daughter (Lisa&Neb), son-in-law and two grandchildren (8 and 5) had a vacation to remember.

I like to think hiccups can happen - anytime and anyplace, but if you expect things to be exactly like they are at home then home is where you should stay. I choose to leave my comfort area to see other people, places and things. Being fortunate enough to travel is more than millions can ever even dream of.

We arrived in San Juan on the 14th. Given the unpredictable winter weather we felt it better to travel a day before sailing than miss the first day on the ship. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Condado area of San Juan. Although the hotel itself was nothing spectacular, it was clean and comfortable. We were only a short walk to a beach and many restaurants. The area was busy as the Iron Man triathalon was running the next day.

EMBARKATION:

On Sunday we headed to the ship and were on and having lunch in the Windjammer by 12:30. The main dining room was not open but there were tables for 6 available. No waits to embark but this was likely the reflection of the gold sea pass cards that came with the Royal Family Suite. This category of cabin was chosen as it enabled all three generations to sail in the same cabin. As we toured the ship, Giovanni's was offering a dinner special for embarkation day but we had decided that the anytime dining in the MDR was what we were doing.

CABIN

Our Royal Family Suite (8th deck aft) was more than enough room for all of us. Grandma and Grandpa were offered the main bedroom and the rest shared the second bedroom - twin beds together and the two bunks above. Not a lot of space but sufficient to sleep and dress. The master bedroom had an ensuite shower with tub and the main bathroom a shower. Plenty of closet and storage space everywhere! The living room had two chairs, a sofa bed and table for 4. Never did we find that this cabin was too small. Our balcony had a large table for 4 and two lounges with a table between.

SHIP

For a 14 year old vessel, Adventure of the Seas was in excellent condition. Constant maintenance, cleaning and painting was being done. The touch screen monitors on each floor let us find where we needed to go easily. The promenade was never too busy to be able to manoeuver around and was bright and open which gave a very spacious feeling.

DINING

With our suite category we were offered a full room service menu. We ordered a light breakfast for the grandchildren every morning as they are very early risers. Other days we either enjoyed our breakfast at Windjammers or in Giovanni's (another perk). No complaints other than sometimes the food in Windjammers was not quite as hot as preferred. Definitely not a complaint - just a mention. I am not at home and not feeding a small army!

We selected anytime dining and reserved for 5:45 every evening. This worked well as the children were able to eat and then head back to kids club if they wanted (which was way better than sitting with the adults). Our server Liguorio and assistant server Zubier went above and beyond.

BEVERAGES

Between the adults we had 3 different beverage packages.

CONCIERGE

Dionne was exceptional! We enjoyed our evening pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers in the Concierge Lounge on the 9th floor. Sorry....another suite perk.

ISLANDS

What you want to do at each port stop is very individual and tailored to each passenger.

St. Thomas

Sunny Liston tour. Shopping 2 hours, Island Tour 2 hours, Beach 2 hours. Booked independently.

St. Kitts

Bucket list cross-off for Grandma. Three generations of 'girls' swam with the dolphins. What an experience. Booked independently. Taxi from pier.

Aruba

D and SIL wanted to renew their wedding vows. Jolly Pirates - sail, snorkel and swing! Used city bus to get to Moomba Beach.

Curaco

Seaquarium. Watched dolphin show and sealion show. Taxi from port $5.00 per person each way.

DISEMBARKATION

With ease....again with the assistance of Dionne. Met in lounge, started to disembark at 9 am and in a taxi heading to the airport by 9:30 am.

REMEMBER

1. If you have a beverage package that includes water be sure to get a bottle before getting off the ship in each port. You have paid for it.

2. If you sign out a towel it is charged to your stateroom if you do not return it. Could end up being a costly souvenier you don't get to take home.

OK.....I may be long winded, but loved our vacation and experience.

Question: We are staying at same hotel next weekend, before cruise. You say about 45 minute hot walk to old san juan. Do you remember if the free trolley crossed your path before you got there? Wondering if we should taxi there and catch free trolley to tour area, or if there is faster way to get there.

Congrats on engagement!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We are going on Adventure with the same itenerary in October and we are booked at the same hotel. I see you made a few comments about it, but overall how did you like the hotel?? Was there any night life in the hotel?

Congrats by the way! :cool:

Hi,

we are cruising also in october (24 of october). :)