Do I need cash?

Baires

Going to Bermuda for the first time next week. Should I take a lot of cash, or will I be able to use a credit card for most things (dining, shopping, etc)? What do I need cash for? Taxicabs and bus tokens? Do they take U.S. currency?

Thanks!

Going to Bermuda for the first time next week. Should I take a lot of cash, or will I be able to use a credit card for most things (dining, shopping, etc)? What do I need cash for? Taxicabs and bus tokens? Do they take U.S. currency?

Thanks!

You will be able to use a credit card for most dining and shopping. (Master Card or Visa). Hopefully you have a card that does not tack on a foreign transaction fee.

You need cash for taxis, or for the minibus shuttles to Horseshoe Bay. You can buy tokens or transport passes with a credit card but they charge a 3.7% service fee for using a credit card at the Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard that sell the tokens so you probably want to pay for tokens with cash.

They take US currency everywhere in Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I would bring cash. Keep in mind that credit cards will tack on a fee since you will be international. Try to bring enough bills so you have exact change.

There are credit cards that don't tack on a foreign transaction fee. If you travel international it is worth getting one. Capital One, Barclay Arrival Plus, Jet Blue Barclay to name a few that have such cards with no fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515