Thomson Dream- Highlights of the Med - 4 May 2013

Hi flopsy, fridge magnet here, glad to see someone else is going the same time as us, its our first time so really looking forward to it. Be nice to chat to you on here before hopefully meeting up on the cruise. :-)

Oh hi there fridgemagnet- looks like we are on our own on this cruise lol!

Is this your first cruise or just your first with Thomson? We have only done Thomson cruises.I wasted years trying to get my husband on a cruise and eventually I gave up on him and went with my cousin on the Emerald (long gone...) on the Adriatic Explorer itinerary.I wrote a review and when my husband read it he decided that he would like to try a cruise after all! So the following year I took him on the same itinerary but this time it was on the lovely Celebration.After one cruise he was hooked- now he just wants to cruise every year.He admits he was a silly old fool to keep saying no all those years!

Since then we have done a Med cruise and Aegean (Greece & Turkey- not that we saw much of them as hubby got a stomach bug and we were confined to the ship lol), and this year it's the Med again like you.

But my favourite remains the Adriatic Explorer which I hope to do next year.Absolutely wonderful ports of call.

Flopsy

Hiya flopsy, yes this is our very first cruise ever, so hopefully we will enjoy it only going for a week just in case but if we do like it we will book for another one looking forward to the entertainment in the evening and the trips out :) what deck are you on, talk again when you have time fridge magnet.:)

Hiya flopsy, yes this is our very first cruise ever, so hopefully we will enjoy it only going for a week just in case but if we do like it we will book for another one looking forward to the entertainment in the evening and the trips out :) what deck are you on, talk again when you have time fridge magnet.:)

Hi there Fridgemagnet

We are in cabin 7026 so deck 7 I assume.We were in that cabin last year so it should be familiar, so easier to find our way back after the bar this time lol.Which cabin are you in.

The first time hubby went on a cruise he said 'I don't like musicals' so he didn't go to any of the shows but stayed in the bar and I went on my own- actually it was easy to get a seat on the front row being on my own! But the second time he decided to try one of the shows and then he was hooked- never misses one now! He thinks the shows are superb- so do I.

This is our 3rd time round the Med so I think we will stay in port more this time- we have been to Rome twice previously, and Pisa, -both are a 'must do' if you haven't been before.I think we will do half day trips every other day- still trying to decide which ones!

Flopsy

Hiya Flopsy,

We are on No.9 deck but we don't know what cabin number yet!! we've booked for a couple of excursions one of Rome which is 10 hours and Barcelona and Pisa, other days we intend to walk round the local ports.:) what do you normally take to wear in the evening? Is it long dresses every night or can we wear shorter ones also, talk soon - fridge magnet :)

Hi fridgemagnet

We tend to go in the Lido buffet for most meals where you can wear whatever you like.

I have tried the waiter service restaurant but I found that the large quantity of meat (I am not keen on meat!) and small serving of veg was not to my liking -I ended up leaving half the meat which was noticed by the maitre di who came over and asked me if there was anything wrong with the meat- very embarassing! So I prefer buffet so I can chose a tiny amount of meat and lots of veg- just what I want.

I take a few long dresses-casual style not satins or brocades! Other nights it's black trousers and sparkly top- anything goes.I don't possess any short dresses but I'm sure that they would be fine.The captains cocktail party night in the formal restaurant is when the ladies don their posh finery-long dresses, ball gowns,etc, and lots of the men put on dinner suits, or kilts! But a lot still wear ordinary suits.In the Lido buffet it's much more casual.

Flopsy

Thanks Flopsy that was really helpful I'll take a couple of long dresses just in case and mostly wear trousers and skirts with nice tops. We are having a blessing as we will have been married for 45 years this month (thought I was only 45 - think I must have been in a coma for a good few years lol) so I'm guessing I'll have to have a long dress for that :( never wear long dresses or anything long come to think of it so it'll be an experience for me!!! - we don't eat a lot of meat either Flopsy but we will probably try all the eating places and see which one suits us best. Talk again when your able ciao for now Fridge magnet :D

Hi fridgemagnet, are you in a DELUX or outside plus? Just as you said on deck 9 but unsure of which cabin, the outside plus may be deck 7 unless youve reserved a cabin . If a delux think are all deck 9 but have heard some of the delux cabins are very noisy as over Medusa lounge but get better after midnight so if you want a quiet one may be best to reserve one at the end near mid ship over the library ??

Wasnt sure if to comment or not, my husband says mind my own business but just wanted to check so your not kept awake lol :D

Hi Flopsy, thanks for replying so quickly :) Your husband sounds like my hubbie thats what he would say to me lol and I'd be like you and want to warn the person just in case they didnt like it too noisy, thanks, We will probably be up really late or early as the case may be so either way it shouldn't bother us too much maybe only on the day we visit Rome.....just have to have to take some match sticks with me to keep my eyes open haha talk soon ciao flopsy :D

Hi Flopsy, thanks for replying so quickly :) Your husband sounds like my hubbie thats what he would say to me lol and I'd be like you and want to warn the person just in case they didnt like it too noisy, thanks, We will probably be up really late or early as the case may be so either way it shouldn't bother us too much maybe only on the day we visit Rome.....just have to have to take some match sticks with me to keep my eyes open haha talk soon ciao flopsy :D

Hi fridgemagnet, haha sorry it wasn't flopsy it was me dreamgirl ;););)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Hi Dreamgirl,:o

Sorry about that as you can see I'm new to this lark!!! Thanks for the info though - are you on the same trip as me or just a helpful person? :D ciao

Haha I try to help but lots on here who know more lol . We were booked on Dream to do med medley in Oct but had to bring holiday forward to June/July so now on Majesty.

We'd booked an outside plus deck 7/9 for Dream and as we wanted to def be on deck 9 prom deck we paid extra and picked a cabin, I asked on here after and the one we had picked 9022 is quite noisy all night due to the main air con unit being outside the room, apparently a few along there are effected by it so we decided to swap rooms but had to pay again. However Thomson did refund it when I wrote in. We changed to 9031 which is quiet and in a good position . If your in a deluxe they are the next block along . Hope you have a really fab time !! :):)

Hiya Dreamgirl, thanks for all the info - hopefully we will be placed in an ok one will let you know on returning - probably be so tired after all the walking etc and hopefully dancing every night will fall asleep straight away lol gratefully for anything you can tell me as this is our first trip cruising many thanks :) fridgemagnet:D

Hiya Dreamgirl, thanks for all the info - hopefully we will be placed in an ok one will let you know on returning - probably be so tired after all the walking etc and hopefully dancing every night will fall asleep straight away lol gratefully for anything you can tell me as this is our first trip cruising many thanks :) fridgemagnet:D

There was a brilliant thread on here somewhere about everyone's top three tips for new cruisers, will look for it for you but may be tomorrow it had some great posts and some fantastic tips :D:D

There was a brilliant thread on here somewhere about everyone's top three tips for new cruisers, will look for it for you but may be tomorrow it had some great posts and some fantastic tips :D:D

Jan (ekco) put it on. Just bumped it up :)

[quote=We are having a blessing as we will have been married for 45 years this month (thought I was only 45 - think I must have been in a coma for a good few years lol) so I'm guessing I'll have to have a long dress for that :( never wear long dresses or anything long come to think of it so it'll be an experience for me!!!

I thought you might be wearing your wedding dress again........;)

48 years for us this year and I most certainly couldn't get in my wedding dress- though it is still up in the loft!

Flopsy

Hiya Flopsy,

I know the feeling I still have mine also might just get it out and try it, it was a silk dress and lace coat (white of course lol) the dress might be ok but I'd feel a bit silly in the coat as well think Ill stick to the one Im taking - congrats on your 48 years married. Talk soon ciao :D

Archived