First-timer to Bermuda

momoftwinteens

My DH and I are headed to bermuda next year as part of our 25th anniversary trip. Neither of us have ever been there. We arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Tuesday. What are the not-to be-missed? I have heard about Horseshoe Bay. Other than that, I am at a loss. We are mid 50's and while I like snorkeling, hubby gets bored at the beach. Any ideas would be appreciated.

My DH and I are headed to bermuda next year as part of our 25th anniversary trip. Neither of us have ever been there. We arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Tuesday. What are the not-to be-missed? I have heard about Horseshoe Bay. Other than that, I am at a loss. We are mid 50's and while I like snorkeling, hubby gets bored at the beach. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Congrats on your 25th anniversary!

Everyone has their own personal not-to-be-missed. Ours was Horseshoe Bay Beach and the beaches and coves to the left (about a 15 minute walk). We were just there a couple weeks ago, and it was perfect. However, we are definitely beach people.

We also took the fast ferry to St. George (45 minute ride) and walked around, visiting St. Peter's Church, gift shops and the Unfinished Church. There is also Fort St. Catherine to see.

There is a lot to see/do in Bermuda for everyone. Here are two links to help you check things out that might appeal to you and your husband.

Enjoy!

http://bermuda.micromaps.com/html5/

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Congrats on your 25th. We went to Bermuda for our 30th.

We just hung around the Dockyard the two partial days. Went to the Glass factory and got a couple glass pigs. Also the Bermuda Rum Cake factory is in the same building and got some gifts for the people back home.

On the full day we took the ferry to Hamilton. Did a little shopping and had lunch. Then we took the # 7 bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach and spent some time there. Absolutely gorgeous beach.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask someone. The people there are about as friendly and out going as you will ever meet.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig