Avalon transportation from Basel to Zurich airport

rundent

Has anyone disembarked in Basel and utilized Avalon's transportion to Zurich's airport? They state that we shouldn't book a flight before 10AM. I see a good flight departing at 10:05 - too close? Could take a later flight and not have to wake up so early and rush and worry. But then I would get home late at night [at least for me].

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone disembarked in Basel and utilized Avalon's transportion to Zurich's airport? They state that we shouldn't book a flight before 10AM. I see a good flight departing at 10:05 - too close? Could take a later flight and not have to wake up so early and rush and worry. But then I would get home late at night [at least for me].

Me and my wife cruised on the Felicity this year in April. We used the Avalon bus to Zurich and was glade our flight wasn't until 12:00. The bus we took to the airport was full and I am not sure they have more then one. The Cruise Director will help you with transportation to the airport.

The problem we had at the Zurich airport is when we got off the bus we couldn’t find the United desk to check in. The Zurich airport is vary large and in my opinion the signage wasn't that good. The United desk was kind of in the lower level and after we checked in we had to take a underground train to the United gates that were away from the main terminal. If you fly United be sure if you want something to eat to get it before you take the train to the gates. At the gates they only had vending machines and we didn't have the cash money for the machines. At the gate there was a long line for the security check.

So what I am saying is unless you know where you are going at the airport, 10:05 would be cutting it short.

I spoke to someone at Avalon who told me that they will get me there with time to spare - they do this all the time.

Like I said before your Cruise Director will help you all he/she can. They should ask you about your connections at the end of the cruise.

Roger

Archived