Concierge Lounge on Brilliance

I am excited to have an upcoming cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas while staying in a Grand Suite. What can I expect from the concierge lounge?

I am envisioning coming and going to the lounge several times in an evening to get a drink, and some appetizers. Are the lounges generally too crowded to do this? I do tend to drink several glasses of wine and/or several cocktails in an evening while cruising and I am not planning on purchasing a drinks package due to access to the lounge. Do they tend to have a wide variety of wines available? Is is possible to get a bottle of wine, or is it only by the glass?

Any other concierge tips out there? Are there certain appetizers that are known to be really good? Is the lounge open for breakfast at all?

Thanks so much for any information given. Cruise Critic is such a great resource. :)

I am excited to have an upcoming cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas while staying in a Grand Suite. What can I expect from the concierge lounge?

I am envisioning coming and going to the lounge several times in an evening to get a drink, and some appetizers. Are the lounges generally too crowded to do this? I do tend to drink several glasses of wine and/or several cocktails in an evening while cruising and I am not planning on purchasing a drinks package due to access to the lounge. Do they tend to have a wide variety of wines available? Is is possible to get a bottle of wine, or is it only by the glass?

Any other concierge tips out there? Are there certain appetizers that are known to be really good? Is the lounge open for breakfast at all?

Thanks so much for any information given. Cruise Critic is such a great resource. :)

The Concierge Lounge is avialable 24/7. Continental Breakfast is usually available between 7:30AM to 10AM. Cocktail hour is 5PM to 8:30PM (4:30-8 on some ships).

Here is a list of what you can expect to be served in the lounge during those hours http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44833138&postcount

You are allowed to bring 2 750ml bottles of wine on board during embarkation.

Edited by cruisenfever

PS. I was warned ahead of time so I am passing it on to you....

Once you go GS you'll never want to go back down to a balcony.... We are now booked in an OS because they only had JS or OS and my DH didn't want to miss out on the CL :D

The concierge lounge on the Brilliance is very nice with an outside seating area.

Drinks and nibbles are only available during the cocktail hours as mentioned and drinks are to be consumed in the lounge so your idea of coming and going might not be practical.

Wine is by the glass in is very ordinary

Cocktails depend upon the barmen and can be a bit limited but you will not know until you get there.

Some ships change their range of appitisers every night but others have the same ones, they do hot and cold .

The lounge is open 24/7 and has a great coffee machine.

The Concierge Lounge is avialable 24/7. Continental Breakfast is usually available between 7:30AM to 10AM. Cocktail hour is 5PM to 8:30PM (4:30-8 on some ships).

Here is a list of what you can expect to be served in the lounge during those hours http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44833138&postcount

You are allowed to bring 2 750ml bottles of wine on board during embarkation.

Thanks for all of the info, Patti. That link to the list of all of the drinks available in the lounge was exactly what I was looking for. The choice of wine in the lounge is really disappointing, so I think I am going to be bringing on those 2 750ml bottles.

Thanks again! :)

Once you go GS you'll never want to go back down to a balcony.... We are now booked in an OS because they only had JS or OS and my DH didn't want to miss out on the CL :D

True statement!

Enjoy the CL on Brilliance. We were there in January and it's just lovely. First, it has a seating area like most CL's, as well as a full bar that you can sit at, and a nice outdoor area with tables. Much nicer than the CL on Liberty (and we enjoyed that one, too!). It was a bit more crowded before 6pm, but then mostly cleared out once first seating guests left for dinner. Never had a problem getting a seat.

Thanks for passing on that link. Loads of information there. Thanks to DanTheCrusingMan for creating that link too. I bet you are really looking forward to the OS. :) I like your warning about not wanting to back down to a balcony. Only 3 weeks away for my first GS! :D

Thanks again.

The concierge lounge on the Brilliance is very nice with an outside seating area.

Drinks and nibbles are only available during the cocktail hours as mentioned and drinks are to be consumed in the lounge so your idea of coming and going might not be practical.

Wine is by the glass in is very ordinary

Cocktails depend upon the barmen and can be a bit limited but you will not know until you get there.

Some ships change their range of appitisers every night but others have the same ones, they do hot and cold .

The lounge is open 24/7 and has a great coffee machine.

Thanks for the great information. I guess I will have to come up with a new plan as far as coming and going. The wine list is definitely ordinary. I guess I had an unusual expectation for wine in the lounge. I honestly was expecting a selection of 20 of so wines by the glass. The list of 5 wines that are some of the cheapest out there burst my bubble for sure. :eek: I am looking forward to the lounge itself and mingling with the other passengers. DH is looking forward to the coffee machine. :)

Thanks for the great information. I guess I will have to come up with a new plan as far as coming and going. The wine list is definitely ordinary. I guess I had an unusual expectation for wine in the lounge. I honestly was expecting a selection of 20 of so wines by the glass. The list of 5 wines that are some of the cheapest out there burst my bubble for sure. :eek: I am looking forward to the lounge itself and mingling with the other passengers. DH is looking forward to the coffee machine. :)

That would be bliss indeed if we had a choice of nice wines but as you say the company is great.

So much chat and laughter the wine tastes so much nicer.

Enjoy the Brilliance we will be back on in June.

that is at Vintages and you do need the drinks package for that if you want to enjoy a larger variety.

honestly what do you expect for free?

True statement!

Enjoy the CL on Brilliance. We were there in January and it's just lovely. First, it has a seating area like most CL's, as well as a full bar that you can sit at, and a nice outdoor area with tables. Much nicer than the CL on Liberty (and we enjoyed that one, too!). It was a bit more crowded before 6pm, but then mostly cleared out once first seating guests left for dinner. Never had a problem getting a seat.

Thanks so much for the info. I am glad to hear how nice it is and thanks for describing it. Good to hear about the seating too. I had read some threads about overcrowding in the CL, so I wondered what to think. I am looking forward to checking it out in a few weeks. :)

that is at Vintages and you do need the drinks package for that if you want to enjoy a larger variety.

honestly what do you expect for free?

Thanks for replying. :) I was looking at the drinks package today. I am on the fence as far as getting it. I guess my expecting 20 choices of wine in the CL was unrealistic. A selection of 5 wines for free, plus various other types of other alcohol and the special food will be nice. Looking forward to it.

Once you go GS you'll never want to go back down to a balcony....

I agree - My first was on Grandeur and now I have one booked for the Jewel next month. Woohoo!!

The CL was quiet with a "chill" atmosphere you will enjoy it.

Try the blue cheese crumbles - I thought they were pretty good.

Edited by ksadonnab

Thanks for all of the info, Patti. That link to the list of all of the drinks available in the lounge was exactly what I was looking for. The choice of wine in the lounge is really disappointing, so I think I am going to be bringing on those 2 750ml bottles.

Thanks again! :)

Not all ships have the same drinks..........for instance,the EN does not offer Baileys.........but the BR also offers Sauvingnon Blanc(while the EN doesn't)

We just got off the Brilliance in a GS. It was lovely! DH said he was never going back to the balcony rooms. :)

We kept INTENDING on going to the CL but never did make it up there. We were having too much fun elsewhere on the ship. It was a wonderful cruise and I know you'll enjoy it.

I agree - My first was on Grandeur and now I have one booked for the Jewel next month. Woohoo!!

The CL was quiet with a "chill" atmosphere you will enjoy it.

Try the blue cheese crumbles - I thought they were pretty good.

Thanks for the blue cheese crumbles tip. I will look out for them. Congratulations on reaching diamond status on your next cruise, :)

Not all ships have the same drinks..........for instance,the EN does not offer Baileys.........but the BR also offers Sauvingnon Blanc(while the EN doesn't)

Interesting. Thanks for the info, Kathy. It will be fun checking out what drinks the CL offers. Maybe I can try a few new ones. :)

We just got off the Brilliance in a GS. It was lovely! DH said he was never going back to the balcony rooms. :)

We kept INTENDING on going to the CL but never did make it up there. We were having too much fun elsewhere on the ship. It was a wonderful cruise and I know you'll enjoy it.

I just read your review of your wonderful Brilliance trip. and asked you a couple of questions. :D It sounds like the ship lived up to its name. Thanks for all of your positiveness. it is great to hear that you had so much fun on the ship.

I LOVE the BR..my favorite ship and that in part,is due to the crew and staff..

My daughter got married on BR this past January.:) Couldn't think of a better place..

That's good to hear Kathy. We've got two cruises coming up on BR, one being a transatlantic.