3 Night Dining Package

I just ordered the 3 night dining package on my upcoming sailing on Allure. I picked my dining time for day 2 at 6:30pm, but it never asked me what 3 restaurants I wanted to use. Is there somewhere else to make these choices? They can't pick the 3 for me?

I just ordered the 3 night dining package on my upcoming sailing on Allure. I picked my dining time for day 2 at 6:30pm, but it never asked me what 3 restaurants I wanted to use. Is there somewhere else to make these choices? They can't pick the 3 for me?

They will pick the first restaurant. Once on board you can pick the other 2 and modify the first one subject to availability.

You will choose the others onboard. We did the 5-night package on our recent Brilliance cruise. We went to Chops after boarding and were told that our first reservation was there (we had chosen 7PM on day 1). We could have changed the restaurant, but we chose not to. They were able to make our other 4 reservations for us: 1 more at Chops, 2 at Giovanni's Table, and 1 at Izumi.

I'm considering booking 3 specialty restaurants ahead of time without the package for our April cruise on Allure to make sure we get the restaurants/days/times we want. We had no problems on Brilliance, but I'm under the impression that it can be tougher to get the times you want on Allure after boarding. I've never sailed on an Oasis class ship, so I could be wrong!

Thanks for the responses. I ended up cancelling the package and booking the restaurants and times that I wanted. It worked out that it was only $20 more and that was worth having the days/times that worked for us.

You will choose the others onboard. We did the 5-night package on our recent Brilliance cruise. We went to Chops after boarding and were told that our first reservation was there (we had chosen 7PM on day 1). We could have changed the restaurant, but we chose not to. They were able to make our other 4 reservations for us: 1 more at Chops, 2 at Giovanni's Table, and 1 at Izumi.

I'm considering booking 3 specialty restaurants ahead of time without the package for our April cruise on Allure to make sure we get the restaurants/days/times we want. We had no problems on Brilliance, but I'm under the impression that it can be tougher to get the times you want on Allure after boarding. I've never sailed on an Oasis class ship, so I could be wrong!

We sailed Allure and didn't have too much trouble making reservations on board. We booked Izumi and Giovanni's our first day on board for later in the week. We waited to book chops so we didn't get the exact time we wanted. I think it was an hour later but we showed up early and they got us seated. It wasn't a big deal for us though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

With the 3 night dining package, can we use the same restaurant twice? I looking to purchase this for my Nov. Brilliance cruise.

New to Royal so just trying to get all my ducks in a row:)

You could go to the same restaurant 3 times if you wanted.

Just tried to do it through C&A for our January 15, 2017 Oasis cruise. No dinner options are shown. It's either the website having issues, or the specialty options don't post until later, or I am a computer moron. In fact all three are possible, simultaneously.

Anyone know of a start date for such reservations?

Just tried to do it through C&A for our January 15, 2017 Oasis cruise. No dinner options are shown. It's either the website having issues, or the specialty options don't post until later, or I am a computer moron. In fact all three are possible, simultaneously.

Times for dining reservations to open up vary greatly. Our March cruise has been available to book for a couple months while our January cruise just opened up last week.

Keep checking.

Unfortunately, there is no set start date, nor does the website emit an accurate and useful message, such as "Reservations for dining are not open yet on this sailing, please again try in the near future".

All you can do is keep checking.

Edited by clarea

Unfortunately, there is no se start date, nor does the website emit an accurate and useful message, such as "Reservations for dining are not open yet on this sailing, please again try in the near future".

All you can do is keep checking.

The only useful message I've seen the website post is "We're sorry, it looks like RCCL.com is on vacation":D

We'll be sailing on Oasis; the 3 Night Pkg is $80. If I understand the concept correctly, I can choose any 3, (I understand the 1st Dinner needs to be Day 1 or Day 2, and RCL will select it in advance), so far so good?

Now, once on board I can change the first selection (based on availability), if I wish, correct?

And while on Board, I make my Ressies for the other 2, each different, or any combination from the Specialty Restaurants, Correct?

Now, reading the fine Print, it states up to $30 for Ala Carte, which Izumi's is, so does that mean, I can order off the menu any item(s) not to exceed the $30 (unless I choose to cover the difference)?

So, if purchased individually, say Giovanni's ($25), Chops ($39), and Izumi ($30), I'd be spending $94 versus the $80 for the 3 Night Pkg.

Do I have this all correct? Thanks, I think I understand, just need confirmation from the good people on this Board. :confused:

We'll be sailing on Oasis; the 3 Night Pkg is $80. If I understand the concept correctly, I can choose any 3, (I understand the 1st Dinner needs to be Day 1 or Day 2, and RCL will select it in advance), so far so good?

Now, once on board I can change the first selection (based on availability), if I wish, correct?

And while on Board, I make my Ressies for the other 2, each different, or any combination from the Specialty Restaurants, Correct?

Now, reading the fine Print, it states up to $30 for Ala Carte, which Izumi's is, so does that mean, I can order off the menu any item(s) not to exceed the $30 (unless I choose to cover the difference)?

So, if purchased individually, say Giovanni's ($25), Chops ($39), and Izumi ($30), I'd be spending $94 versus the $80 for the 3 Night Pkg.

Do I have this all correct? Thanks, I think I understand, just need confirmation from the good people on this Board. :confused:

I think you have it 100% correct!:)

The 3 meal dining package on my upcoming LOS cruise is $70 if I buy prior to boarding. However, I have heard that a discount is offered for the dining package once you are on-board, does anyone know if this is true?

I have not seen nor heard of the dining packages being discounted on board.

One follow up question. Can you use the dining package for lunch at one of the specialty restaurants, or is it just dinners?

I cannot see why not, you're getting less value at lunch so it's better for the cruise line.