NOLA disembarkation post Belize cruise

crusin okie

I've read that disembarkation from ships returning from cruises that visit Belize takes considerably longer due to expanded Customs issues. I would appreciate comments from those who've sailed one of these cruises as to your experience in delays getting off the ship. We return from our cruise on the Dream on 11-9-14 and are trying to decide if we are safe in booking a flight out at 12:30. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Our experience was a year and a couple of months ago.

Disembarkation did take considerably longer. Even with FTTF and zone 1, it was after 9 when we got off the Conquest.

Even with that you *should* be ok.

Taxi to the airport should take 40 minutes, then two hours safely before your flight.

WLHYATT AND TALLYHO8 Thanks for your information. I've also now realized there is a football game on 11-9-14 (Saints and 49ers). I would appreciate any opinion of NOLA metro residents of what effect that will have on traffic leaving the cruise pier. We've cruised several times but never out of NOLA so I don't have a "feel" for the area. In fact, I've never been there so am very excited to see some of the sights. Thanks again for any information you guys can provide.

After several years cruising from NO and always going to Belize, there has been no affect on clearing customs. Every 90 days of so, customs does a thorough check of employees of the ships. When that occurs, things bog down, big time. Two years ago we were aboard when one of the checks occurred. It delayed things about two hours. Otherwise, we self disembark and are always on the highway out of NO by 8-8:30. You should be fine. Outbound traffic is not usually affected by the Saints playing at home.