Elation 4-22

WarEagle04

I don't believe the email in fact, I have received emails stating boarding won't start until 1pm, Carnival does this to control the people going on the ship at one time....I always ignored them and went to the port to find nothing at all has changed, 10:30 the port opens for you to go in.

I don't believe the email in fact, I have received emails stating boarding won't start until 1pm, Carnival does this to control the people going on the ship at one time....I always ignored them and went to the port to find nothing at all has changed, 10:30 the port opens for you to go in.

Now you know why they had to go to staggered checkin at some ports [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would suggest against arriving at the port prior to your scheduled check in time. According to what I have read on carnivals website they follow the check in times strictly and you will not be allowed to enter the building prior to the time you have chosen/been assigned. I am taking the same cruise on 4/22 and I chose the 1-1:30 check in time online. Apparently we will not be able to board the ship until 1:30 due to housekeeping. If you have not gone online to complete the online check in you should so you can try to choose an early check in. If you don't they will automatically assign a time to you.

I would suggest against arriving at the port prior to your scheduled check in time. According to what I have read on carnivals website they follow the check in times strictly and you will not be allowed to enter the building prior to the time you have chosen/been assigned. I am taking the same cruise on 4/22 and I chose the 1-1:30 check in time online. Apparently we will not be able to board the ship until 1:30 due to housekeeping. If you have not gone online to complete the online check in you should so you can try to choose an early check in. If you don't they will automatically assign a time to you.

Hey, I'll be on this cruise, too!:cool: We're going to arrive just a little before 1pm to park and have the 1-1:30 check-in, as well.

I will point out in regards to an earlier post - We have been denied entry to JAX Port before when the ship was delayed. They were literally turning people away at the entrance and traffic got very stacked up. If everyone just "shows up" at 10:30 and they won't let you in, then we can expect a repeat performance. Here's hoping it goes smoothly!!

We were supposed to have the following schedule, Jacksonville, Freeport, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Sea Day, and Jacksonville. Due to weather, this changed yesterday. Our itinerary changed to, Jacksonville, Sea Day, Key West, Nassau, Freeport, Jacksonville.

So far the switch to key west was brilliant. The weather in key west has been perfect. I am disappointed that our Nassau visit will only be from 12pm to 7:30pm. Cutting my non carnival excursion at the Hilton in half. But key west is worth the trade off.