Beachers

BEACHBARB

Just returned from 7 day NCL Getaway cruise and a day at Beachers. Emil Rivers (roatanboy@yahoo.com) was waiting with my name on a sign once we got outside the gate and drove the 3 of us (on some horrible roads) to Beachers which is beautiful. Must have a monkey la la. Delicious drink!!!!! And Emil was there early to take us back. Highly recommend - it was a beautiful beach and beautiful day. $45 per person RT includes transportation, lounge chairs, umbrella and welcome drink. The monkey la la's were 2 for $9 and well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so pleased to hear Beacher's is offering transport included.

Couponmom - Beacher's is about a 10 min walk along beach from the easy access, boat free, reef snorkeling just past Infinity Bay's L shaped pier, where the Tabyana Day pass area is.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

We will be in Roatan on NCL over Thanksgiving with 5 ships total in port 😯 Does Beaches limit number they take? It sounds wonderful but I'm so sorrows with so many ships in port finding a beach/snorkeling that isn't so crowded and overwhelming..Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We will be in Roatan on NCL over Thanksgiving with 5 ships total in port 😯 Does Beaches limit number they take? It sounds wonderful but I'm so sorrows with so many ships in port finding a beach/snorkeling that isn't so crowded and overwhelming..Thanks!

Email them and ask. But I don't think so as the beach is open and they have taken "walk-ons" for loungers and such. But yes the beach in West Bay will be crowded. Especially if there are 3 ships in Coxen Hole which has no close by beaches.

What exact day are you in Roatan? I do see on cruisetimetables and mahogany bay's port site that the Wednesday before Thanksgiving there 4 ships in port with only 1 up in Mahogany Bay. So 2 of the 3 ships in Coxen Hole will probably be tendering. On T-Day there is only a small local Caribbean lines in port at Coxen Hole and the days prior to Wednesday and after T-Day show only 1 ship arriving at the island either at Coxen hole or Mahogany Bay.

I think the only way to get away from the crowds with 4 ships ( 3 in Coxen Hole) would be to go farther east. The worry here is one would need to hire a boat to get to the reef. Even Beacher's is some distance from the easy access, boat free, reef snorkeling in West Bay, by distance I mean not steps from your lounger, ya gotta pack your toys and walk down the beach. Right at Beacher's the reef is to far out and you would be dealing with water taxi traffic.

I think everyone need make a choice, fewer people or easy access to the reef. West Bay (where Beacher's is) is the premiere beach on the island. Everyone and their mother's uncle wants to experience it. :0)