Just back from Grand Turk (6th visit) and beach has gone downhill!

imluvncruzn

So I visited Grand Turk on Tuesday, Sept. 22nd. I believe that was my 6th visit. I could not believe how they've let the beach go. The walk between the Carnival pier and Jacks Shack was littered with garbage, beer bottles, glass, and an unbelievable amount of horse poop! It was everywhere and you really had to watch every step to avoid it. In addition, my fave The Crew Bar was closed and The Local Village Bar was also closed. There's a new bar just past LVB called Island Jerk. We stepped in and they have 5 or 6 beers on menu but when we went to order he says "I only have one kind, Local Turks Head". It was fine we got a bucket of 5 for $20. They also had a pre-made rum punch $5 glass. We bought another bucket and asked him not to open them. Put them in our cooler and took them back to our cabana at Mvillle and drank them there. They had really fast wifi at a Island Jerk too. Anyway just wanted to give you a heads up about beach! It was gross In some spots and I've never seen it that way in any of my previous visits! [emoji17]8ae156cea3d0d70be45e82b456be2fa5.jpgda23c025d1bd0dd3374b296c61fdc27d.jpg150252e8c42e924da6dc1a10324d40b0.jpg6412ae4d8009a94da9ffbab77a6fe591.jpg0bd16a9c196c5d3ded60875a394be79c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been to the Island Jerk last 2 times we were there. Beer is a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

You said you paid $20 for 5 beers, the sign still says they are $3?? They were still $3 this past year.

Boy, hate to see the beach looking that bad. Hope they clean it up before January.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

We have been to the Island Jerk last 2 times we were there. Beer is a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

You said you paid $20 for 5 beers, the sign still says they are $3?? They were still $3 this past year.

Boy, hate to see the beach looking that bad. Hope they clean it up before January.

Yes we noticed the sign said $3 beer too and inquired but he said new price was 5/$20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk