Dolphin excursions

Ahays00

None.

They are cruel to the animals in places where they are available, but at least Grand Turk has not sunk so low to offer this option to tourists.

Wow i didn't realize this. I did some research and now knowing this i will not ever participate in something of this nature. Thanks for your response.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to reinforce the point; The film "The Cove" shows what happens to the unpicked/unselected dolphins that don't get to go to Dolphin Interaction gigs throughout the Caribbean and elsewhere. Pretty gruesome and NOT what you want in your head as your image of what happens to "Flipper's less attractive cousin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_%28film%29

Good luck, hope you find a nice, humane, natural setting to interact with sea creatures. May I suggest Gibb Cay, which is a pristine island a mile east of Grand Turk, with a wade-out off the beach encounter site. DW and I were looking at that for a cruise that included Grand Turk.

Just to reinforce the point; The film "The Cove" shows what happens to the unpicked/unselected dolphins that don't get to go to Dolphin Interaction gigs throughout the Caribbean and elsewhere. Pretty gruesome and NOT what you want in your head as your image of what happens to "Flipper's less attractive cousin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_%28film%29

Good luck, hope you find a nice, humane, natural setting to interact with sea creatures. May I suggest Gibb Cay, which is a pristine island a mile east of Grand Turk, with a wade-out off the beach encounter site. DW and I were looking at that for a cruise that included Grand Turk.

Thanks.