Turquoise Bay Resort-Roatan

Iheartcruisin'

Can anyone who has recently been to Turquoise Bay Resort give me any feedback? Thanks!

This thread as some pics and info about Turquoise Bay..one is a link to Trip Advisor.

Perhaps if you tell us what you seek a an excursion we can give you some idea of where to find it.

We visited about three years ago but there is a thread and photos from recent visitor here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42171332

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try and answer.

Thank you C-leg5. I couldn't find any thread about Turquoise Bay Resort. The link gives me an idea about it. :)

Thank you C-leg5. I couldn't find any thread about Turquoise Bay Resort. The link gives me an idea about it. :)

You are welcome. I found another link that has another review and includes a link to my visit from 2011 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1945613&highlight=turquoise

If you put Turquoise into the search engine at the top of this forum you will pull up a few more remarks although it is not one of the more frequently visited resorts with cruisers because it is away from the area usually visited.

There are dozens of reviews on Tripadvisor if you put in Turquoise dive and beach resort which will give you some further photos and reports although these are mainly from divers who have stayed at the resort. It is definitely not a 5star with all the bells and whistles type of place but you can ignore the accommodation reviews and it is, (or at least was, and recent reports seem to support) clean and well maintained.

I have not been on here much lately as after a bunch of cruises we kind of burned out and tried an all inclusive and loved it. Anyway, we were at TB in March. We used their transportation for $25 PP and all went fine. It is very peaceful there, maybe too quiet for some. It is beautiful but the water has a lot of grass but we did not swim . I believe beers were $3 and food is limited but grouper fingers were very good...It is about 30 min from Mahogany and maybe 40 from Coxen. This was our 5th trip to Roatan so we have seen most of it including the less traveled east end. Here is a slideshow with quite a bit of TB....Hope this helps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rer7Fil-rk4

Forgot to mention. If you go take some bug spray, first time we needed it. Also you can e mail Kimberly , the reservations person there and she will answer pretty quick. The contact info is in this link. We paid when we got there, not ahead. They furnish towels so no need to take from ship...

http://www.turquoisebayresort.com/cruise-ship-beach-day.html

I have not been on here much lately as after a bunch of cruises we kind of burned out and tried an all inclusive and loved it. Anyway, we were at TB in March. We used their transportation for $25 PP and all went fine. It is very peaceful there, maybe too quiet for some. It is beautiful but the water has a lot of grass but we did not swim . I believe beers were $3 and food is limited but grouper fingers were very good...It is about 30 min from Mahogany and maybe 40 from Coxen. This was our 5th trip to Roatan so we have seen most of it including the less traveled east end. Here is a slideshow with quite a bit of TB....Hope this helps..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rer7Fil-rk4

TXSail you mentioned that the water had a lot of grass. We like to snorkel and play in the ocean, so from what I gather this would not be the place to get in the water???

TXSail you mentioned that the water had a lot of grass. We like to snorkel and play in the ocean' date=' so from what I gather this would not be the place to get in the water???[/quote']

I am glad TXSail was able to return and give you further first hand info (the photos in the first link I gave belong to him I believe).

When we visited we did so because the "men" in the party wanted to fish and the ladies remained on the beach. There is a diving company based at the resort, which arranged our fishing trip and I think they arrange snorkeling trips too. I believe the reef is too far off shore to swim to from the beach.and that snorkeling from the beach is not particularly good. Most cruisers go to West Bay and report good snorkeling from the beach. The other favorite place for direct snorkeling is Maya Key which has to be arranged through the cruiseline excursion desk.

Again, I apologize for the late reply as I have just about disconnected from CC , but to answer the question, probably not too hot for beach snorkeling, but the divers I spoke to said the reef is amazing..I have no knowledge of the snorkel excursions from TB Whatever you decide , I do hope you have an amazing trip..Sorry for the typos...

TXSail you mentioned that the water had a lot of grass. We like to snorkel and play in the ocean' date=' so from what I gather this would not be the place to get in the water???[/quote']

• 1 month later...
Can anyone who has recently been to Turquoise Bay Resort give me any feedback? Thanks!

I spent a day there in Dec of 2013 - happy to answer any questions! But I think my review in c-leg's 2nd post covers it pretty well. If you want beautiful water, a great beach, good food and drinks, and to not see another soul, then Turquoise Bay is your place. :) But definitely take your bug spray - like I said in my review, the sand flies/fleas didn't bother me, but my mom and SIL were covered head to toe in bites. In all fairness, I think they'd have been bitten on any other beach in Roatan though.