SC Guaranty

wally8

After looking at all of the Neptune suite locations, I decided to save some money and book an SC Guaranty on the Zuiderdam. This is our first cruise on HAL so was wondering if any of you know of any risks associated with that booking. Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Bob from Texas

After looking at all of the Neptune suite locations, I decided to save some money and book an SC Guaranty on the Zuiderdam. This is our first cruise on HAL so was wondering if any of you know of any risks associated with that booking.
As long as you will be happy with any SC location or higher there are no risks. 6164 and 6175 are Wheelchair Accessible, which means no tub I think. Edited by catl331

Essentially you are guaranteed a Neptune Suite somewhere on "Z". In my book there is little risk as I'm not location sensitive. You will find many on CC that are very picky about their cabin location, deck, etc and will debate it forever. Assuming you are OK with any location, you likely got a great value in pricing, and a likely upgrade in your cabin to possibly a SA or SB.

I had 6164 on Westerdam. There was a tub as well as a shower apparatus in the area where the toilet was located for those who could not use the tub/shower combination.

Fine stateroom as far as I was concerned.

We too booked an sc guarantee but on the Noordam, so I am hoping all of the above is also true. The only cabin I would not be thrilled with is right next to the lift as I enjoy breakfast on the balcony in my jammies.

I honestly can't see any real risk in booking an SC guarantee. Worst case, you'll be upgraded to an SA or SB next to the elevator. You'll get to enjoy waving at everyone as they glide by. If that's the worst thing that happens on your cruise, you'll be good.

Even if you get "stuck" with one of the 4 SC suites, they are just mere feet away from the SA suites and they used to be SA suites not that long ago. Bottom line, you're saving a considerable amount of money to spend on other things. A good choice, IMO.

Edited by jaguarstyper