Veterans Meet

BamaLady#13

Does anyone have information on this. We will be on the Liberty in a couple of weeks and I'm sure my husband would like to meet other vets on board.

Have you looked at your roll call for that cruise and asked there? Perhaps there might be a group of Vets aboard with planned activities, if so. look under the grouping of special interests, theme groups. Otherwise ask him to wear a ball cap with his service duty printed on it that others can recognize him and start conversations.

Thank him for his service please.

Good Question!

My husband is a veteran and as I am reading your post, I realize we will be sailing on Veterans Day. I hope there will be a meet up and/or some recognition. That would be nice! Last December on The Pride there was a gathering listed. My husband and 2 other vets had a nice chat.

It will be listed in the Funtimes. Have most often seen it listed on previous cruises about 8:30 or 9 am. I went to my 1st meet-up while on the Glory in July (happened to be on the 4th!). There were about 9 or 10 of us, some of their wives, too. We met near the coffee shop. Not monitored or led like Trivia. But was very nice. Mostly older vets but a few in their late 20's, too. We went around and introduced ourselves, which branch we were in and how long we served. As the lone female there, they were quite interested in my basic training 'experience' compared to the guys. (VERY different- back in the late 70's it was more like a college dorm/pajama party experience). Lasted about 40 minutes. I will be sure to go on all future cruises. It was nice to wave when I saw them around the ship.