NCL Dawn Sleeping question

Irishgrl73

We Just booked NCL dawn for August and we will be traveling with our 5 year old Autistic son and was wondering if any one knows how much room is in Obstructed view room Category OK. I'm not sure he will sleep on the Pull down since he might be scared and was wondering if there was enough room for small child's cot.

Here's a video of exactly what you're asking about:

Your actual cabin may of course vary in size somewhat. It looks like there is some room at the end of the bed(s) but not very much. Suggest if you can afford it, try and get a balcony with a sleeper sofa. I'm sure he (and you) will enjoy being able to go outside and listen to the waves.

Here's a video of exactly what you're asking about:

Your actual cabin may of course vary in size somewhat. It looks like there is some room at the end of the bed(s) but not very much. Suggest if you can afford it, try and get a balcony with a sleeper sofa. I'm sure he (and you) will enjoy being able to go outside and listen to the waves.

Thank you for this. My Son is a climber so Balcony are out of the question.

You could always take the mattress off the pullman, and put it on the floor....call it "adventure sleeping"! If possible, get a cabin with a sleep sofa instead of a pullman. Look at the deck plans...it shows what kind of bedding each cabin has.

Ship cabins are pretty tight....not a lot of floor space!

Edited by cb at sea

You could always take the mattress off the pullman, and put it on the floor....call it "adventure sleeping"! If possible, get a cabin with a sleep sofa instead of a pullman.

Ship cabins are pretty tight....not a lot of floor space!

Thanks that is a great option which he would probably love.

I seriously wouldn't worry too much about the climbing -you can fully lock the balcony door (child proof) and just make sure he is supervised when it is opened. You will be grateful for the extra space.

Also - is he ok with showers? Fairly loud and in an enclosed space.

We haven't been on the Dawn since we had our dd, but we've been on sister ships. Find out if your cabin sleeps 3 or 4. If it sleeps 4 there is likely a pull out (trundle) cot that comes out from one of the beds. We did that on an inside room in October and just left it at floor level instead of popping it up to bed height. (You have to push the two other beds all of the way to one side.) It's wall to wall beds, but it was great and avoided using the overhead bunk. We'll be doing the same thing in a few weeks on the Pearl.

Unfortunately, you have to get a balcony on NCL to get a couch so if you're inside or oceanview there won't be a couch.

We haven't been on the Dawn since we had our dd, but we've been on sister ships. Find out if your cabin sleeps 3 or 4. If it sleeps 4 there is likely a pull out (trundle) cot that comes out from one of the beds. We did that on an inside room in October and just left it at floor level instead of popping it up to bed height. (You have to push the two other beds all of the way to one side.) It's wall to wall beds, but it was great and avoided using the overhead bunk. We'll be doing the same thing in a few weeks on the Pearl.

Unfortunately, you have to get a balcony on NCL to get a couch so if you're inside or oceanview there won't be a couch.

Great Thank you!! It does say it sleeps 4 and I was hoping that was the case.