Uber and Port Canaveral

bindy1

Is Uber available at Port Canaveral for drop off? We have FTTF for upcoming cruise and I am thinking Uber may be more efficient than waiting on hotel shuttle with everyone else......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used Uber from Cocoa Beach to Terminal Ten. There was a slight surge pricing but there were four of us so it was under $5 per person. 141727d1666ac8b46f4047b423325be6.png

On the return we got refused by three drivers because the trip was ONLY going to Cocoa Beach and the drivers were looking for an airport trip. But know worries. It only took a few moments to get a driver. The map is not accurate but the price was.

959a2d3e7aab0d8d0fdcd40cf19214cb.png

• 4 weeks later...
I personally do not recommend Uber to anyone that is not already considering suicide. 6 people executed in New York because their driver was mad at Uber for under pay. Women in Orlando recently were able to retain their safety by staying away from the man who was there to pick them up Uber style! He was not in the mood for driving except maybe his knife into their hearts. Sir, with all due respect, Taxi drivers are reviewed by their company. Then, they are reviewed by the insurance company..Point is, everyone knows who they are. It is a shame when a man puts his family in the hands of who is

an online application that has no human correspondence has told you is safe...go ask the 6 dead, go ask the girls whom decided the computer program doesn't inspect Uber drivers very well at all because they feared for their lives when this guy told them to get in...I would suggest to you that you put in an Uber application. Note how long it takes before your approved because everyone is. Then try getting a security card from Homeland security for TWIC. They actually check your past...takes 3 -9 weeks...Uber?? 20 seconds

_-_--------------------------

That's too funny, taxi services bashing UBER, like they're somehow better. LOL..Pretty sure I read a story on the WAPO where an UBER driver just recently saved a teenagers life.. I have the feeling you're more interested in charging ridiculous fees, instead of personal safety. As for me, I drive for UBER, have a FL D, G, MB, DI security licenses, I was a PORT security officer until I quit, mostly because there was a lot of shady stuff going on, which was verified later when their entire staff was fired. I have a POST certification from Georgia and a SLED certification from South Carolina, as well as current first aid/cpr/and from the American Red Cross. I have done about 100 UBER rides in two weeks with 56 (5 )star rides and 12 written compliments. As for UBER the drivers are required to have insurance, and I am sure if I wanted to drive a cab tomorrow, it would take me about 5 secs.

So just be honest, you're no better or worse than UBER, just more expensive, so you're falsely slandering them, which essentially makes you worse than UBER.

Portcanaveraltaxi,

My problem with your original point is you seem to lump taxis on a higher plateau, as if a quick 1 sec Google search couldn't find just as many taxi drivers who have had problems. For me, it helps pay a few bills from time to time. You're very judgmental and seem to stereotype people you know nothing about.

I understand that you feel as though UBER may be hurting your business, but that doesn't give you the right to basically offend every UBER driver by basically insinuating riding with us is putting their lives in danger. LOL. Also, I have to pay insurance anyway. I have a CDL driving vehicles quite larger than taxis, and have never had a ticket or accident since 1986.

I enjoy driving for UBER, it destresses me, the customers are awesome for the most part. I'm sure quite a few unemployed or college students find the fact that you can drive when you want to beneficial. The pay is terrible, not going to deny that, but I do it for enjoyment more than anything else. Keep in mind, this is nothing for me, I have a 20 yr correctional officer background at a youthful offender dorm and briefly at a mental health prison in ATL. Driving relaxes me, I enjoy it.

Sorry you dislike UBER so much, but their not going anywhere, in fact my guess is more companies like them will come into the picture..

Take care..

I understand that the cheaper price

I respect your passion and tenacity. But I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I will continue to use and recommend Uber and Lyft to anyone that asks. I've been using them for years and have nothing but good experiences.

• 2 months later...
I respect your passion and tenacity. But I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I will continue to use and recommend Uber and Lyft to anyone that asks. I've been using them for years and have nothing but good experiences.

This! Lyft is the way we go. They've always been clean vehicles, the drivers are pleasant, the ride predictable uncomplicated. Not used a taxi in years because of drivers with bad attitudes, dirty unkempt cars..

We did the math. Lyft works for us.

So all of us people who prefer Uber on Cruise Critic and recommend it to everyone, are paid. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Also the 40+ million monthly users of Uber are all being murdered, and those of us who aren't, are paid. I understand now. Thanks for the clarification. I guess I can expect my check along with the one from that nice Nigerian Prince by Friday.

I really am not looking to argue. My point is simple. Uber uses an application online to hire people that are responsible for the transportation and lives of those they transport. They do not interview in person..... anyone. Anyone whom applies will be hired. Your safety is what you make of it. I personally feel that mine and my family's is important . If the company does not meet with this driver, does not interview this driver, does not look into their driving history etc...I would never put myself into the car that he is driving. There have been murders by uber drivers, bunches of rapes, burglary rings etc etc all due to this failure of ubers hiring practices as they are in it for the money and nothing else. Their drivers only last as long as the car they will soon replace and realize they didn't even make enough money to pay half what they paid for their car for and are now stuck without as uber used up their cars and pay 0 for doing so. You ride with whom you like but to promote a business that has absolutely 0 respect for their customers or their safety is to go without saying...silly

I'm not looking to argue either, just a friendly discussion.

It's just that there are tons of people on here who love and recommend Uber, myself included. It seems whenever there's a thread about Uber at Prt. Canaveral, you tend to jump on it and bash Uber or try to convince people not to use the service.

If they were a 'fly by night' company or something along the lines of 'Bobs private transport' that was localized, then your point would probably be more valid. Does Uber have issues? Sure. But to say that a taxi service is so much better simply because someone interviews the driver is silly. Uber has over 2 billion rides, 62 million trips and 50,000 drivers in 2014 which I am sure is more than double that by now.

My thing with a taxi is they are typically double the cost of an Uber, the cars don't come close to an Uber driver (at least that I have ever seen) and the drivers of Uber in my experience are MUCH more friendlier than any taxi driver. Not to mention when you take an Uber, you're supporting someone local versus some cab company possibly out of another city/state.

You can take a taxi all day long as that's your right. As far as my family and everyone I recommend a way to get around to, we'll stick to Uber.