No Plans Yet...are tour vendors at the pier???

teflonjeff

We're on the Sunshine in a couple of weeks and not sure what we want to do at St. Kitts. Been to many Caribbean ports in the past, but not here. Is there an area at the pier where locals offer various tours. Undecided about doing a 1/2 day sail/snorkel or a city/beach combo.

Thanks!

We're on the Sunshine in a couple of weeks and not sure what we want to do at St. Kitts. Been to many Caribbean ports in the past, but not here. Is there an area at the pier where locals offer various tours. Undecided about doing a 1/2 day sail/snorkel or a city/beach combo.

Thanks!

The last time we were in St. Kitts was September 2015 and we did not have a planned excursion and basically "winged it". We decided that we wanted to go to Brimestone Fortress and then a beach afterwards and were able to do this. At the end of the pier, right before you enter the cruise center, there should be someone out there to arrange for taxis. We told him what we wanted to do and he told us how much it would cost (there are flat rates) and when we agreed, he got us a driver who took us to the fort first (and waited while we spent the agreed hour there) and then took us to the beach and picked us up to take us back to port at a time that we agreed on (our choice). We paid him when we returned to port. So I'm sure if there is something you wanted to see or do, you could easily have it arranged. We never looked to see if there was an actual tour group looking for people fill slots, but there may be and maybe someone else can add some input. I'm sorry I can't help with your question about the 1/2 day sail/snorkel, but again, hoping someone else can answer that one for you.

We winged it

Got off the ship and hired a cab to take us around - we went on a tour of the island and she dropped us off at Romney Manor so we can see Jefferson's Plantation and the Batik Factory. Then dropped us off at South Friar Beach. Took a different cab back into town to do some shopping. Low key way of doing what we wanted on our schedule......

We were there last year and took a catamaran trip (all day) which was fabulous. Can't remember the name but they are docked before you go out of the pier area to the left. New fabulous yellow boat. Sail, Snorkel and lovely lunch. I think about $125 each. Go on Tripadvisor and look for tours in St. Kitts and you will find it I am sure..

• 2 weeks later...
We were there last year and took a catamaran trip (all day) which was fabulous. Can't remember the name but they are docked before you go out of the pier area to the left. New fabulous yellow boat. Sail, Snorkel and lovely lunch. I think about $125 each. Go on Tripadvisor and look for tours in St. Kitts and you will find it I am sure..

Did you got Nevis or just around St. Kitts?