Taxi costs

granny3

We will be arriving on Barcelona at 8:00 a.m. And will need to take a taxi to our hotel. We are staying near Las Ramblas. Anyone have an idea about $ in euros?

For us, it was around 35 Euros.

most hotel websites have the estimated cost of a taxi from the airport to their hotel. From someone who travels a lot, they seem pretty accurate. European taxis tend to tack on extra for suitcases and extra people though. Also, when you go in/out of Barcelona port, they also tack on a port charge, so it will be more than the meter. Just be prepared. I don't recall how much.

We had a group of 6 so used Autos Vilar, it amounted to 10 euros each. http://www.autosvilar.com/ We used them for both our airport to hotel and to cruise terminal. Juan was very reliable and I learned of his shuttle thru the Spain Ports of Call here on CC. Spain Ports of Call on CC: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We will be arriving on Barcelona at 8:00 a.m. And will need to take a taxi to our hotel. We are staying near Las Ramblas. Anyone have an idea about $ in euros?

Are you able to get into your hotel that early? We are also arriving in Barcelona at 7:30am and have planned to take a 1/2 day tour which includes pickup at airport and drop off at hotel (5 hours later).

Are you able to get into your hotel that early? We are also arriving in Barcelona at 7:30am and have planned to take a 1/2 day tour which includes pickup at airport and drop off at hotel (5 hours later).

Are you using Barcelona Day Tours? How much is the cost?

NMLady, our Roll Call used Barcelona Day tours for our trip to Montserrat the day before our TA. They were great. I am trying to recall what we brought in euros, I think I had $250 put into Euros but we used the Credit Card mainly for eating and had small bills for tips for our driver for the Tour and Autos Vilar driver. About 90 from our Roll Call stayed at the Barcelona Universal, a 12 minute walk to Las Ramblas.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Are you arriving by air and need a taxi from the airport to your hotel or are you arriving off a cruise and need a taxi from the port.

From the airport to a hotel near Las Ramblas a taxi would be about €30-35 depending on the number of bags you have and the number of people in your party.

From the cruise port a taxi would be about €15-20.

Try not to get in the taxi before 8am as you will pay more.

Edited by English_in_Spain

• 2 weeks later...
NMLady, our Roll Call used Barcelona Day tours for our trip to Montserrat the day before our TA. They were great. I am trying to recall what we brought in euros, I think I had $250 put into Euros but we used the Credit Card mainly for eating and had small bills for tips for our driver for the Tour and Autos Vilar driver. About 90 from our Roll Call stayed at the Barcelona Universal, a 12 minute walk to Las Ramblas.

We have spent time in Barcelona in the past on a DIY land tour of Spain and Portugal so we have seen many of the sights already, including a day at Montserrat. Awesome.

We are mainly interested in pickup at cruise port, an included tour of city sights so we can see the changes since our stay, and drop off at hotel. Looking at BarcelonaDayTours website their prices look expensive.

I also looked at autovilar for information.

In another thread someone said that the line for cabs at the cruise port is very long so we are looking at private transfer to hotel, preferably with viewing of sights with very little walking. Husband has mobility problems so can neither stand for very long in one place nor can walk very far without resting.

Edited by NMLady

Yes we are. 85 euro each for: airport pickup, 5 hour tour to Montserrat and drop at hotel. (We are doing the HOHO bus the next full day to tour Barcelona)

That is a very reasonable price for going out to Montserrat and back. Much cheaper than the prices I saw on their website for private tour of Barcelona.

We also plan on using HoHo bus our second day.