Celebration 28th Oct 13

Hi everyone, haven't been on for a while, but now I have booked another cruise I have a few questions. Has anyone used the excursions from Liverpool cruise club? How do you rate them? Or should I stick with Thomson? Booked deluxe, deck 7, do we get bathrobes? Thanks.

Hi

Sorry can't help with the excursions but I do know you don't get bathrobes in deluxe cabins it's only if you book a suite.

Thanks for that, had a suite last time on the celebration but needed 2 single beds this time, thought every cabin would have them now its called Platinum.

We were in a deluxe on deck 8 in June and we didn't get them. The Platinum bit is only really a refurb. which was needed and the kettles + flat screen tv's in the cabins.

Thanks for that, had a suite last time on the celebration but needed 2 single beds this time, thought every cabin would have them now its called Platinum.

Not sure what you are expecting fom Platinum but don't get too excited! The ship is still lovely & the Lido, Hemmingways, Broadway Showlounge & Liberties have been spruced up but there are no real major changes. We have just returned and had probably our best cruise so far on the Celebration. Would love to do the relocation cruise that you are doing ;)

Platinum on land based hotels is not very easy to understand either. I stayed in a RIU platinum hotel in Mexico (4*) and the next year stayed at the 5* hotel of the same group right across the road, but it was not platinum rated!

First of all it was much better than the platinum hotel, standard rooms were studios with big bathrooms, AI drinks were premium drinks, it was on its own beach, the public rooms were way better than the platinum hotel and the food was marginally better. Only the entertainment was worse....it was poor!!

The only other advantage we found from premium was that we had 23kg luggage allowance instead of 20kg, you were guaranteed first or second drop off on the transfer coach and you could put your cases through at the airport the day before but they did not have that facility at our airport.

When I asked the Rep who worked at both hotels why the 5* was not platinum he said it was based on customer feedback.

Hi everyone, haven't been on for a while, but now I have booked another cruise I have a few questions. Has anyone used the excursions from Liverpool cruise club? How do you rate them? Or should I stick with Thomson? Booked deluxe, deck 7, do we get bathrobes? Thanks.

I'm a bit intrigued by your mention of the excursions you mention form the Liverpool cruise club. Last time we booked with the other Thomson site we weren't going on a Thomson ship but with P&O and the girl we always deal with sent me a link for excursions which she said thought would be cheaper than P&O. I wonder if this is the same excursions your agent is suggesting?

http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/Cruising-Excursions/?gclid=CPvOyOf_nLkCFWXKtAod2loAXA

The site looks very professional and I too would be interested to learn if anyone has used them and what their impressions were. We didn't try them as we found the prices on P&O were comparable with Thomson and we've always found them pretty reasonable certainly as compared with some cruise lines so we played safe and went with the ship's trips.

From the site I think perhaps they are geared a bit more to the American lines with tailored packages of 4/5 port excursion combo packages specific to particular ships which could well be very attractive if excursions on board are pricey - but they do individual day trips too which seem in the same bracket as Thomson - but like you I'd be keen to gather some intelligence on this company for future reference. Please report back if you do use them. Have a good trip. :)

Thanks for your replies, I have been away(not on cruise sadly) so couldn't get back to you. Yes Kruzseeka that's the company, but agree Thomsons/P&O not expensive anyway. Cruised with NCL they were very expensive! Bathrobes must be hit n miss. I loved the Celebration last time we cruised on it, everyone friendly.

Archived