Do they still offer "The Quest" and Horseraces?

smiseel

In the past I always loved the Quest and betting on the gaily decorated horses. Do they still do this? Or do they have another "team play"? I am going in Jan with my entire family and would like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance,

On Q now and was told by cruise director that Quest will never be offered due to lack of venue.

Lack of Venue ???????

On NCL Ships they hold their Quest show in the nightclub. Surely Music Hall or SeaPlex or one of the many bars would suffice ?

I haven't seen anything In the compass about the belly flop.

They said music Hall wasn't big enough and seaplex doesn't have much seating.

All 100% correct info from davelliott here.

Quest: Two70 more than big enough but with mutlilevel stairs a huge hazard for the drunkards! Seaplex more than big enough but no seating. Music Hall big enough as a whole and would be the best place, but a majpr hazard from the top level with only one way to get down to the floor.

Pool games: volleyball and dodgeball offered, but no bellyflop/sexiest man/etc offered.

I was privy to a conversation standing right beside Jimmy Rhodes in the theatre as at the time I was speaking to two higher level cruisers who had been on for a total of 23 days (2 inaugurals, the 1st Bahamas cruise and then my sailing 11 day Southern). Jimmy came over as obviously they had been somewhat friends by now during the cruise. The impression I got is that the ship being totally different in every possible way regarding dining/activities/amenities... Jimmy said they had totally revamped the entertainment and games as well to be fully different just like the ship. No more 70s night... it's now called "Groovy Town" and doesn't include Village People. No more of the pool games per se. It seemed everything was a little more "classy" (Celebritized vs. Carnivalized) if that makes sense? Personally I've always liked the sexiest man and so forth up on pool deck but truthfully over these last 11 days we didn;t get much opportunity anyways with cooler weather and all the other massive things to do on board. I'm also guessing Jimmy did a great job looking at the average age and total number on this cruise (approx 1400 D's and higher, avg age easily over 60) and had no reason to include those types of games. While I always participate on all those activities on most ships, I did not miss it all here on Quantum... waaaay more things to do and see all day long :D

Just my 2 cents :)