Oceania

Diddydom

Welcome to Cruise Critics. You can probably get a list of excursions and prices on the Oceana web site. If you need help finding this I would ask on the Oceana boards that you can find here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51.

For more answers about what to do on each of the ports you can research on the Ports of Call boards that you can find here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 Click down to Europe and the Med.

Another place you might want to research is the roll call for your cruise. There you can meet people who will be going on the same cruise for you and discuss tours. Here are the Oceana roll calls http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420.

I am traveling on the Oceania in September as a first time cruiser

To Venice,Kator, Corfu, Rome, Monte Carlo

Does anyone know

How much are the excursions ?

If it's an Oceania ship (as opposed to the ship named Oceana), just call the 800 number and they'll e-mail you a PDF with descriptions and prices.

If you mean Oceania Cruise Lines, then the ship excursions are very expensive, imo.

There are some packages where if you purchase a certain number of ship excursions, the price per excursion is lower than individual purchases, but even then, it is expensive.

I generally book excursions from the cruiseline, but Oceania's were too rich for my blood.

If you mean Oceania Cruise Lines, then the ship excursions are very expensive, imo.

There are some packages where if you purchase a certain number of ship excursions, the price per excursion is lower than individual purchases, but even then, it is expensive.

I generally book excursions from the cruiseline, but Oceania's were too rich for my blood.

You may want to check out the recent intro of O's "O Life," which includes tips, internet and some excursions (e.g., 5 on an 18 day itinerary) in addition to past perks like airfare.

Note that there's an ongoing discussion about price increase related to "O Life." But my experience has been a fare increase of $100 (B2) on July 1, 2015 which included O Life while the previous week the fare was $100 less but without these perks. AND, the fare probably would've gone up some amount anyway on July 1.

In the final analysis, we booked on board, got the O Life (including 5 excursions et al.) and paid even less due to "book onboard" discount (along with TA's OBC).

So, 5 O excursions et al. for a retail price increase of $100 - hardly expensive.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

The OP must be going on P&O Oceana because none of the Oceania ships do an itinerary in September that include those ports. I just did a quick check of all of Oceania's ships during September, and none of their itineraries include Monte Carlo, but Oceana does include all the ports the OP listed.

OP, unfortunately, P&O doesn't list their shore excursion prices on their website, so we can't tell you if they're expensive. Plus, what's expensive for one, might not be that for another. But be aware that most ship sponsored shore excursions are expensive, especially for those in the Med.

You may want to check out the recent intro of O's "O Life," which includes tips, internet and some excursions (e.g., 5 on an 18 day itinerary) in addition to past perks like airfare.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not interested in sailing Oceania again.