How can SeaDream compete with this???

Royal Caribbean's latest vessel, the Quantum of the Seas, promises so much more. We've already met the ship's Virtual Balconies, which use 80-inch displays to bring a live sea view to windowless staterooms, but the company just announced a slew of other features, including a new venue called Bionic Bar where you can place an order on a tablet and watch a robotic bartender mix up your concoction.

Just think Jim, no bellicose barmen limiting your intake!

Royal Caribbean's latest vessel, the Quantum of the Seas, promises so much more. We've already met the ship's Virtual Balconies, which use 80-inch displays to bring a live sea view to windowless staterooms, but the company just announced a slew of other features, including a new venue called Bionic Bar where you can place an order on a tablet and watch a robotic bartender mix up your concoction.

I tip well. They all love me.:eek::D You missed a very important point about Q of the Seas. Each and every one of her (its) lifeboats holds almost double the SeaDream passenger/crew full compliment. Just think of all the extra help you would have in an emergency.:eek:

I bet the crew could have fun with the virtual outdoor display. They will, of course, show you pictures of warm sunny days with tanned, fit, beautiful people strolling about. Imagine my surprise when I make it on deck and find it windy, cold, and populated with fat ugly passengers.:eek::D:D

populated with fat ugly passengers.

As one of the above real passengers I just have to say, "look away, look away!" :p

Loved someone's response on these SD message boards a long time ago when someone was asking if there was a "tops optional deck."

Person responded, "most of us shouldn't even be wearing bathing suits."

Certainly have seen some great lookers on SD. And some of them had virtual parts. And some were won through great genes, eating from that right side of the menu (raw foods) and hard work.

That's a battle I clearly lost. But I won the luck battle to be on SD!

I'll put on a cover-up to meet you at the bar!

Oh, I'm a legend in my own mind! And I wasn't "fishing" for compliments! Thank goodness I'm not getting through life on my looks! But I'm still getting through (God willing.)

I wasn't offended, just making fun.

:D

I go on the mass market cruises occasionally, too. Too misquote Abraham Lincoln, "God must love the common looking woman, he made so many of them."

• 2 weeks later...