Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 22

Have some visuals to share from certain British visitors who dropped by last night at our local football stadium.

It was Sir Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones buddies giving a little "Satisfaction" to 62,000 fans in Ohio State's big football stadium. Yes, this facility can hold 105,000 normally, but for a rock concert set-up with its big stage and many projection screens, the size was "smaller" to allow better visibility. Below are six of my pictures to give an idea on this performance.

Yes, Mick Jagger is 71 year old, but he remains the consummate showman with incredible action and energy. With guitarists Ronnie Wood (the young one at age 67) and Keith Richards (age 71) and drummer Charlie Watts (age 73), their 50-plus years of the rock 'n' roll lifestyle shows on their faces. But, as a newspaper reviewer noted after last night's concert, their ages are reflected . . . "not in their hearts". This reviewer also said: "Jagger's spins and rockified two-step have all the same verve and vigor they had when he was 17 instead of 71 – so maybe his biological clock is dyslexic." The Columbus Dispatch review was headlined: "Jagger hasn’t lost a step; Stones still rock" with this lead sentence: "Frisky and fit, Mick Jagger started up and never stopped."

True!! We were at the Rolling Stone's last concert in this big stadium. That was in 1997. I also saw the Stone at one other concert. And to be fair and balanced, I also saw the Beatles live in Cleveland in 1965. Plus, many other rock, pop and classical concerts over my many, many years.

Lots of Rolling Stones' favorites were played last night, including: "Paint It Black,'' "Honky Tonk Woman,'' "You Can’t Always Get What You Want," etc.

Their final encore, what else, was "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". The Cleveland newspaper reviewer said . . . "it is all about trying to recapture, or at least remember, our lost youth."

Let it fly!! Who hates and/or loves rock 'n roll, including Mick and the Stones?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 23,566 views for these postings.

Here is just a small sampling for Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones performing last night in Ohio Stadium. This location normally handles 105,000 fans for the National Champion OSU college football team. BUT, for Saturday night, it became a "concert hall". Below are just a few of my sample visuals, including the opening song of "Jumpin' Jack Flash'' with fireworks, lots of fast rock action, Mick prancing all around the giant stage with its large-screen video images, etc. The final shot show the four group members taking their final bows.:

June2015A1_zpssc8czfrc.jpg

June2015A2_zpsa5csv9pk.jpg

June2015A3_zpso18avdo5.jpg

June2015A5_zpsmvxcltdz.jpg

June2015A4_zpskgowuh37.jpg

June2015A6_zpse4kwe8a1.jpg

Not quite as exciting as the Rolling Stones but here are a couple of pictures I captured early this afternoon on our property during a dreary afternoon.

DSC00003-XL.jpg

DSC00008-XL.jpg

DSC00037-XL.jpg

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Not quite as exciting as the Rolling Stones...

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Oh I may have to disagree on that statement. A bucket list item for me is a Bald Eagle that close and some decent shots.

Thanks for sharing these!

Great shots of the eagle. Ive seen them around occasionally but just flying by, nothing to get pics of.

Great concert shots as well. Im surprised they allowed you to bring in that size camera. Id love to bring mine in but Im afraid they would turn me back and Id have to leave it in the vehicle during the show....nope, not happenin!

Great concert shots as well. Im surprised they allowed you to bring in that size camera. Id love to bring mine in but Im afraid they would turn me back and Id have to leave it in the vehicle during the show....nope, not happenin!

FRMPEI: Not quite as exciting as the Rolling Stones

pierces: All I can say about this 9" bloom from our Rainbow Christie hibiscus is that she is just showing off this year.

Super love the sharp' date=' crisp look with the hibiscus picture. [b']What lens was used?[/b] Any other technical secrets to share to make your flower visual come out so super fabulous? Nice eagle shots, too!!

Appreciate the nice comments and the follow-up about my Rolling Stone pictures. Below are few more of my visuals from our fun Saturday night in Ohio Stadium. On my camera, no problem bringing it in. I have a Nikon D7100 with an 18-140mm lens. Not a big, big lens or set-up. No tripod used. Clearly if I was trying to bring in one of those two-foot-long, BIG, BIG lens, they would have given me some challenge. In today's world with everyone having an iPhone or like device, it is hard to stop people from taking pictures and/or recording video at such events. They know it and adjust accordingly with their Ohio Stadium camera policy. With that lens and shooting RAW at 24mp, it allows doing some enlarging and getting decent visuals of them individually.

On another board, one person from the UK noted that she was a big fan of Ronnie Wood. Does everyone know that today, June 1, is his 68th birthday after being born in 1947? He was born in Hillingdon, Middlesex, England. Do any of the age wrinkles show that you can see? Ronnie's shoes were black with lots of sparkle on them.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 199,527 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Is there any question for whether or not these two members of the Rolling Stones have NOT had plastic surgery on their faces? This first picture makes clear for the answer to that question. Not sure that the Grand Canyon has that many creases and valleys as seen on their faces! Below are some more visuals featuring Ronnie Wood and his guitar work from Saturday night in Ohio Stadium.:

June2015A7_zpsg8qhvys7.jpg

June2015A8_zpsjnwqqfd0.jpg

June2015A10_zpswfjn2kre.jpg

June2015A9_zpsakrbvzkh.jpg

Have some visuals to share from certain British visitors who dropped by last night at our local football stadium.

Let it fly!! Who hates and/or loves rock 'n roll, including Mick and the Stones?

June2015A2_zpsa5csv9pk.jpg

Great Pics of the Rolling Bones:D

This is Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall on his 70th Birthday tour.

de0b45ec-c760-46c6-ab49-15b21c3f0b37.jpg

It was taken on my iphone. As some one alluded to the use of large cameras, The RAH states no professional cameras, and I'm always worried that I might not be allowed in, so I never take one.

Great photo of the eagle and fantastic Sunset shot.

Keith Richards longevity may be down not to just drugs but mixing it with his dad's ashes (apparently came clean about it in his autobiography, a little blew into it as he was about to scatter the ashes)

Dickie

Lovely pics, esp. the Rolling Stones ones - beautifully shot!

My local football (soccer) team was in the final of the Scottish Cup. Sadly, we lost 2-1, but before the match the local council unveiled a massive football scarf in the team colours - wrapped round "The Steeple" - a well known landmark in the town centre

17472860143_d8580afe14_c.jpg

2015-05-25 (Day 145) Falkirk Scarf! by Alan Potter, on Flickr

Super love the sharp, crisp look with the hibiscus picture. What lens was used? Any other technical secrets to share to make your flower visual come out so super fabulous?

The lens was the good ol' e-mount 50mm f/1.8!

As far as crispy, I bumped the saturation and temperature slightly to compensate for the flat light from cloud cover but didn't apply any sharpening. I did a five-image focus stack in Photoshop to get the depth of field necessary to cover the 9" span of the flower. The individual images were very sharp within their focus range. I really appreciate the 50's performance.

A note on saturation - I set my "Standard" setting in the menu to +1 contrast, +1 saturation and +0 sharpen. I find this gets me pretty close to consistently good out-of-camera shots. "Vivid" mode tends to flood the reds a little too much for my taste.

Dave